Reload this Page >

cost of migration

cost of migration

Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

j hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cost of migration

hi everyone

can anyone help on this matter. promise to use punctuation this time!!

can anyone roughly estimate what it would cost my husband and i to emigrate if we were to be sponsored by my uncle. i know a bond has to be put up for around 5000 aus dollars. we are trying to work out how much we will have to put up front. assessment forms, migration embassy, flights etc. also, has anyone had a dog shipped over and what was the cost. i know a family on the programme 'down under' had a couple of cats and it cost £4000. what would anyone suggest taking over with them. for example, televisions, dvd's, playstation/xbox etc. thanks for anyone's advice. most of you do seem a nice bunch and very helpful. by the way i have three children, 14,10 and 8.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..So far our total is as follows

Agent FEES- £ 1850
TRA Fees- £ 300
Lodgement fee £ 600
Post costs £ 20
Police checks £ 20
Meds-EST £ 440
Shipping-est £ 3000
Flights-Est £ 1600

Think that makes it around £6500 but obviously a lot cheaper with no agent!!!!!

Hope this helps

Scott
Old Jan 12th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

j hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers for that will make a note
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:13 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cost of migration

Originally posted by j hamilton
hi everyone

can anyone help on this matter. promise to use punctuation this time!!

can anyone roughly estimate what it would cost my husband and i to emigrate if we were to be sponsored by my uncle. i know a bond has to be put up for around 5000 aus dollars. we are trying to work out how much we will have to put up front. assessment forms, migration embassy, flights etc. also, has anyone had a dog shipped over and what was the cost. i know a family on the programme 'down under' had a couple of cats and it cost £4000. what would anyone suggest taking over with them. for example, televisions, dvd's, playstation/xbox etc. thanks for anyone's advice. most of you do seem a nice bunch and very helpful. by the way i have three children, 14,10 and 8.
JH
Do you realise you can emmigrate under the STNI scheme if you wanted to live in South Australia.
Your husband is an Electrician right.
I have also been told that Electricians are also in demand for victoria as well.

The beauty of State nomination is that the process only takes 6 months and there is no bond money to pay.

The only drawback is you have to stay in the state that nominates you for a minimum of 2 years.
That is no hardship when both Adelaide and Melbourne are 2 beautiful citys.

Cheers.