Reload this Page >

Cost comparisons

Cost comparisons

Old Jan 23rd 2023, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Panenka900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cost comparisons

Hi all,

Just found this site, some good stuff on here regarding visas etc.

Just for background - Im from the UK and my wife is Australian. We met in UK and then i moved over to Aus with her in 2017. We came back just before the pandemic as my Dad was ill and have stayed since. Looking to maybe go back down to Aus again later this year.

Reason for the post is we are constantly comparing UK and Aus and one thing that always comes up is the cost of products. Can't pick anything up in a shop without one of us saying "That's way cheaper/more expensive than Aus." - causes a lot of arguments.

Was interested in any massive price differences people have noticed between the 2? Like have you ever tried to buy anything in Aus and been blown away at how cheap or expensive it is? Thinking more on the lines of products than energy bills etc.

Anyway great site!

Thanks

Old Jan 24th 2023, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost comparisons

Petrol .... a lot cheaper in Oz if you do an exchange rate conversion.

But there is no point doing an exchange rate conversation because salaries don't follow an exchange rate conversion.

Last edited by Beoz; Jan 24th 2023 at 7:07 am.