Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cosmetic Surgery

Cosmetic Surgery

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Someone I know had that stomach stapling op. She has so far lost 7 stones in weight, thats almost my total body weight.....amazing!
There was a woman on TV this morning (Oz) who was having a makeover and she'd lost 69kgs - not sure over how long a period. By my reckoning that's about 10stones? Purely change of diet and more exercise, so she said. If she can do it, I'm sure I can shift the three pesky stones I'm carrying and shouldn't be!

Mine went on when my mum died - I started eating for comfort and once it's there, it's hard to shift!!

Sue
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

ok here is my take on cosmetic surgery.......i have had some done which in all fairness at the time we really couldn't afford and my husband is driving around in a crap car because of it!!
If a part of your body is really getting you down (which after two kids part of mine was) then if you can why not get it fixed!! i am sure i sound really vain but i feel really good about myself which for a while i didn't!! i eat well, i run and i drink loads of water but none of this was going to help me!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kyliecuteass
ok here is my take on cosmetic surgery.......i have had some done which in all fairness at the time we really couldn't afford and my husband is driving around in a crap car because of it!!
If a part of your body is really getting you down (which after two kids part of mine was) then if you can why not get it fixed!! i am sure i sound really vain but i feel really good about myself which for a while i didn't!! i eat well, i run and i drink loads of water but none of this was going to help me!!
good for you matey. my friend has just taken out a loan to get her boobs done and she wasnt at all vain - she is a natural beauty but she had the body of an 11 year old boy!! she was F L A T! she had to stuff herself up with socks and everything and always wore jumpers. she is by no means now jordan but just "normal" and she swears it is the best thing she ever did.

me on the other hand - well i am so top heavy it is unbelievable but thats another story suffice to say the only thing stopping me is the fact that you cant breastfeed after youve had a reduction and the only reason i am blabbing at the moment is because ive had too much to drink
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:00 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the money and was brave enough , I`d get a tummy tuck, boob reduction and a chin!
Does anyone watch Extreme Makeover on tv? The differance between before and after is unreal.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
If I had the money and was brave enough , I`d get a tummy tuck, boob reduction and a chin!
Does anyone watch Extreme Makeover on tv? The differance between before and after is unreal.

id get my snatch made tighter aswell!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
good for you matey. my friend has just taken out a loan to get her boobs done and she wasnt at all vain - she is a natural beauty but she had the body of an 11 year old boy!! she was F L A T! she had to stuff herself up with socks and everything and always wore jumpers. she is by no means now jordan but just "normal" and she swears it is the best thing she ever did.

me on the other hand - well i am so top heavy it is unbelievable but thats another story suffice to say the only thing stopping me is the fact that you cant breastfeed after youve had a reduction and the only reason i am blabbing at the moment is because ive had too much to drink

Thank you! x
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:07 pm

Not true, Rooksie, although you would need a very skillful surgeon who understands lactation. I have counselled several breastfeeding mums who have had breast reductions. It's all down to whereabouts they snip!

Sue
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not true, Rooksie, although you would need a very skillful surgeon who understands lactation. I have counselled several breastfeeding mums who have had breast reductions. It's all down to whereabouts they snip!

Sue

you know what i have heard this but i wasnt very confident to go ahead. is it right that you may be able to breastfeed if you are lucky but would probably also need to supplement with bottle also??

if i could find a surgeon who could guarantee me 100% that i would be able to breastfeed then i would be there like a shot!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

you know what i have heard this but i wasnt very confident to go ahead. is it right that you may be able to breastfeed if you are lucky but would probably also need to supplement with bottle also??

if i could find a surgeon who could guarantee me 100% that i would be able to breastfeed then i would be there like a shot!!
Don't want to depress you but everyone (two) I know and most I have heard on TV who have had the reduction, have all said that a few years down the line they are back to the size they were before. From what I can gather, your body makes your boobs that size whether you like it or not. I am certain, however, that there are also many who have stayed smaller

Now if I could find a surgeon who could move my saggy belly up to make my boobs slightly bigger I would be a happy girl.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't want to depress you but everyone (two) I know and most I have heard on TV who have had the reduction, have all said that a few years down the line they are back to the size they were before. From what I can gather, your body makes your boobs that size whether you like it or not. I am certain, however, that there are also many who have stayed smaller

Now if I could find a surgeon who could move my saggy belly up to make my boobs slightly bigger I would be a happy girl.

No! Really!? blimey i didnt know that!! well bu**er me!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:21 pm

Women who do have trouble breastfeeding after reduction are those who were unfortunate enough to suffer damage to the milk ducts during the operation. A surgeon who understands lactation should be well able to avoid damaging the ducts or leaving scar tissue blocking the ducts - which can also be a problem for some women. While it sounds crazy to say *a surgeon who understands lactation* you would be astonished at how many surgeons don't!

If the ducts are undamaged, then you can breastfeed. The ducts are either fully connected or severed - if connected, you can feed, if severed, you can't. The surgery should make no difference at all to the volume of milk you produce, nor affect your babe's ability to remove it from the breasts. I have also counselled a couple of ladies who were able to fully breastfeed from one breast only after damage to the ducts in the other breast.

It's worth searching to see if you can find a surgeon willing to undertake the surgery - but I'm willing to bet that they will not be able to offer any hard and fast guarantee that you will still be able to breastfeed. I suppose the bottom line is that there is no guarantee with any surgery - so probably more than their job is worth. But in theory, it is perfectly possible to have this operation and still successfully breastfeed exclusively.

Sue
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

ey, look what you've started kay!!

if i could afford it and felt brave enough, i'd have liposucton on my fat arse and legs.......then again every time i think of all that fat being sucked into a bottle, i have visions of the french and saunders scetch! anyone remember?

debbie x
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:29 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing is you need a really good surgeon - knowing my luck I`d end up with wonky nipples or something. I know from speaking to some of our theatre nurses at work some surgeons are known for having no eye for putting nipples on evenly. I work in a military hospital (it also does NHS work) and I used to look after the Officers annual reports and we used to give examples of what not to put in the reports, my favourite was "This officer operates on his patients like a lion mauling it`s prey"
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Women who do have trouble breastfeeding after reduction are those who were unfortunate enough to suffer damage to the milk ducts during the operation. A surgeon who understands lactation should be well able to avoid damaging the ducts or leaving scar tissue blocking the ducts - which can also be a problem for some women. While it sounds crazy to say *a surgeon who understands lactation* you would be astonished at how many surgeons don't!

If the ducts are undamaged, then you can breastfeed. The ducts are either fully connected or severed - if connected, you can feed, if severed, you can't. The surgery should make no difference at all to the volume of milk you produce, nor affect your babe's ability to remove it from the breasts. I have also counselled a couple of ladies who were able to fully breastfeed from one breast only after damage to the ducts in the other breast.

It's worth searching to see if you can find a surgeon willing to undertake the surgery - but I'm willing to bet that they will not be able to offer any hard and fast guarantee that you will still be able to breastfeed. I suppose the bottom line is that there is no guarantee with any surgery - so probably more than their job is worth. But in theory, it is perfectly possible to have this operation and still successfully breastfeed exclusively.

Sue
thanks Sue - you are a star!! im broody as hell but nothing is happening so i could totally be talking out of my arse ayway!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
The other thing is you need a really good surgeon - knowing my luck I`d end up with wonky nipples or something. I know from speaking to some of our theatre nurses at work some surgeons are known for having no eye for putting nipples on evenly. I work in a military hospital (it also does NHS work) and I used to look after the Officers annual reports and we used to give examples of what not to put in the reports, my favourite was "This officer operates on his patients like a lion mauling it`s prey"

:scared: :scared: :scared: well thanks for that!!!!!!

BIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.