Reload this Page >

WHICH IS CORRECT

WHICH IS CORRECT

Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

jellab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHICH IS CORRECT

Hi
I am sure there are more people viewing this website that are confused like myself.
With regards to Aus is the construction work slowing down in a big way or not. Each post I look at tells a different story every day. Some say Aus is crying out for people with trades and some say they have no work at all.

Can someone please tell it how it is as I am concerned about applying for a visa which will be costing us €6500 (this encludes Trade recognision as have no papers to state my OH is qualified in his trade)

Thank you in advance for your advice
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: WHICH IS CORRECT

Both answers may be correct.

The correct answer for you may depend on the area of Australia that you are heading for, and the particular trade you are in.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

HI
Thanks for responding. It is for my OH he is a plasterer. We plan to move to Brisbane/Goldcoast/Melbourne. To be honest we aren't tied to an area and we will go were the work is. I lived in Sydney for 2years from 96-98 which was a long time ago I quiet liked there too so it could be another possiblity.

Thanks for you help

Regards,
Majella
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:37 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellab
HI
Thanks for responding. It is for my OH he is a plasterer. We plan to move to Brisbane/Goldcoast/Melbourne. To be honest we aren't tied to an area and we will go were the work is. I lived in Sydney for 2years from 96-98 which was a long time ago I quiet liked there too so it could be another possiblity.

Thanks for you help

Regards,
Majella
What ttrade is your OH in ?

I here no grumbles from the builders here that work is slowing?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

At this time of the year its difficult to really know as the construction industry are on summer holidays. Once things return to normal in Feb we will have more idea. Do know a few projects are being cancelled though.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:15 pm
ABCDiamond

They are still busy building more houses behind me, and have been back at work since the beginning of the week

I was hoping for some peace and quite for a while longer.

Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the info guys

Regards,
Majella
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellab
Hi
I am sure there are more people viewing this website that are confused like myself.
With regards to Aus is the construction work slowing down in a big way or not. Each post I look at tells a different story every day. Some say Aus is crying out for people with trades and some say they have no work at all.

Can someone please tell it how it is as I am concerned about applying for a visa which will be costing us €6500 (this encludes Trade recognision as have no papers to state my OH is qualified in his trade)

Thank you in advance for your advice
There is an article on todays Australian front page giving actual figures on housing starts, from that you can make up your own mind. I realise people can see houses going up and that is often the answer given, but if you are in the industry, as we are, you know its FORWARD work is what creates employment

I posted the article already in the Employment in Construction thread.