Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coomera Waters...North Gold Coast

Wikiposts

Coomera Waters...North Gold Coast

Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future
Default Coomera Waters...North Gold Coast

Hi anyone out there who knows anything about Coomera Waters, north Gold Coast area?.. I have been living on the Sunshine Coast for the last 3 years, but circumstances dictate that we move further south... looked at their web site and have all their brochures, but just wondered if there was anyone out there who either lived there or knew much about it and the schools in the area as there are a few to choose from. Good or bad feedback is most appreciated as hope to be moving in the first few months of the new year(fingers crossed)... thanks in advance.. Maggie x
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coomera Waters...North Gold Coast

Originally Posted by brasso
Hi anyone out there who knows anything about Coomera Waters, north Gold Coast area?.. I have been living on the Sunshine Coast for the last 3 years, but circumstances dictate that we move further south... looked at their web site and have all their brochures, but just wondered if there was anyone out there who either lived there or knew much about it and the schools in the area as there are a few to choose from. Good or bad feedback is most appreciated as hope to be moving in the first few months of the new year(fingers crossed)... thanks in advance.. Maggie x
If you do a search for Coomera and Coomera Waters and Upper Coomera, you'll come up with more threads than you really need but it's a common topic
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

There a quite a few expats living on Coomera waters
its a nice area, some of the estates are gated.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit isolated for me but it depends what you like.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

colette Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brasso
gtv7tv
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

SAO68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - we have been living at Coomera Waters for 3 months. We are renting and did not realise until we moved in the restrictions you have. The estate is run by a body corporate so you HAVE to use their nominated company for the telephone and internet service and it is not cheap. There are two recreation clubs which you become a member of which have tennis courts, swimming pools and gyms. If you buy on this estate then you pay a certain amount for the privilege of using them. So far as schools are concerned it depends on the ages of your children. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old who is due to start school next year. I looked at the school near Dreamworld and was not happy with it purely for its location. This is a primary school and takes them to Year 7. I could not use the school that is to open at Coomera Springs because we are at the wrong side of the motorway and you cannot use Upper Coomera State School if you live at Coomera Waters. I have now put my Son in at Ormeau school which is about a 15 minute drive for me. If your children are older then there are some private schools and not sure on the jurisdiction so far as Helensvale is concerned. It is quiet living on this estate but there is a shop, tavern and a Doctors has recently opened. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask and I will try and answer them but as many people say what suits one person does not necessarily suit another but I hope I have helped a little.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

colette Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colette Mark
gtv7tv
Hello Maggie,

Comera is a new up and coming area and good value for money if buying but i have also heard there is alot of mosquitos as the area is built on mango groves were they breed.

Good luck

Colette:

thumbup:
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:52 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Totally agree .....i work northern end of the goldcoast , you can have a great house.... but no way can you go out side in the afternoon without getting bitten to death by mosquitos.....its all reclaimed swampland.

They won't tell you that in any brochure....seriously it will annoy the hell out of you....

all the best plumb.....

ps not trying to put you off.....but believe me ,you;ll wish you had never bothered...
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Hi Thanks everyone for the comments... the more the better... and as far as mozzie's are concern... invite me to your party as they always find me... thought I would be immune after 3 years... but nope!!! certainly dont like the idea of buildings on swap land... as have experienced how much they like me when i visit friends who live in an area by me that is built on the same... dont like the sound of it being quiet either... already live somewhere quiet, hoping for a busier area.... ummmm... something to think about!!!!! Maggie
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:30 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

have you got to live northern end of goldcoast..?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
have you got to live northern end of goldcoast..?
Yes they do. Shhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

I have a friend who just moved to Coomera Waters and she said the midges out there are really really bad. Yes the mozzies are too but I think the midges are more of a problem. I live on a canal on the GC and these things really touch me along, I hate midgee bites!!!.....they are so much worse than mozzie bites.

I wouldnt live at Coomera Waters for this reason alone and we are moving away from the canal because of the midgees.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

Do the coastal towns nearby suffer from crazy midges?
I,m going to be working in Coomera & would prefer to be based in a town on the coast, but also nr good schools
any recommendations?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

SAO68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't find mozzies or midges a problem living here. There are two sides to Coomera Waters - one side is on the water and other side (where I live) isn't. We walk to the shops which are on the water side and I have never been bitten and believe me if they were there I would be bitten!!! I have however been bitten when I was near to the water but it was at about dusk time when they all come out anyway!! I have been told that you can take Vitamin B and you won't get bitten and this was confirmed by the lady in the pharmacy so am currently trying this out. The houses at Coomera Waters are really nice and most of them are on decent sized plots compared to a lot of new developments. There is a development just up from Coomera Waters called Genesis and they do not have a body corporate but they do try to avoid properties being sold to investors hence not many for rent and they are having a gym complex built which will have a mini cinema also so if you are going to buy then take a look at those. There are a lot of building works going on at the moment around the Coomera train station as by 2009 there will be a Westfield shopping centre and a TAFE so it should not be as quiet by then.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:26 am
Just Joined

chloe1 is an unknown quantity at this point

you should move to perth
its really good and lots of people who have moved here from uk love it.
education and all that is really good, not many mozzies. and if you go north to brighton and ridgewood it is really friendly and community-orientated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.