Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coolest thing you have seen in Australia?

Coolest thing you have seen in Australia?

Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:07 am
Just Joined

flamelily has a spectacular aura aboutflamelily has a spectacular aura aboutflamelily has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Coolest thing you have seen in Australia?

snorkellig GNreef - magnetic island, sydney new year fireworks. mooloolaba spit beach snorkelling near breakwater every weekend if i want too. whale watching off local beach. hiking glass house mountains- sitting on own deck amongst the trees drinking a sundowner. ahh! weekends are like holidays
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing the Great Barrier Reef for the first time whilst on my honeymoon when we flew over it in a seaplane. Truly truly amazing

Sharon
Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Policemen in leather jodhpurs, straddling motorbikes
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:00 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I didn't see it but my husband told me today he opened his toolbox and found a scorpion.
Coolest thing I've seen is either my kids surfing in the Indian Ocean or Skippy bouncing along side my car as I drove up Connolly Drive
What's skippy bouncing?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

4 shooting stars (never even saw 1 in uk)

massive sea eagle circling over our house when we were going out in the car once

bats flying out to the rainforest in the evening

rainbow lori's, rainbow bee eaters, sunbirds, sulphur crested cockatoos, pelicans etc. etc.

handfeeding kookaburras

lace monitor lizard in our garden !

Andy

Last edited by cadman; Oct 10th 2007 at 5:04 am.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
What's skippy bouncing?
Skippy the kangaroo bouncing along the side of the road.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:23 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Skippy the kangaroo bouncing along the side of the road.
Ahhh... I see. I thought it was some cool new toy for older kids

I have yet to see a kangaroo in the wild. I hope to see skippy bouncing too!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by comet555
Ahhh... I see. I thought it was some cool new toy for older kids

I have yet to see a kangaroo in the wild. I hope to see skippy bouncing too!
We have lots that watch us play soccer although technically they're wallabies as you don't get roos this far north. also seen a few near tinaroo dam and unfortunately hit one the other week in the 4wd. Tried to avoid it but once it saw our headlights it ran towards the car ! crazy things !
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:27 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Policemen in leather jodhpurs, straddling motorbikes
Did you get a photo? We ALL need to see that!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:39 am
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough

Waking up with a coffee on a cold rainy day in Hertford U.K..... a photo of the above mentioned would make me feel sooooooooooo much better!!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

The view i wake up to each morning!

That and the wildlife that pays us a visit ('roos, bandicoots, possums, bobtails, monitor lizards, parrots, cockatoos etc), definitely a change from village life in Cambridgeshire.
Attached Thumbnails Coolest thing you have seen in Australia?-103868580cl1181615700.jpg  
Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a stunning shot Is that the sea in the distance or just a line of cloud - whatever, you're in a fab position
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:01 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Whats the coolest thing you have seen in Australia..

Can be solid , plant , mineral ,.. etc etc you get the picture...

Will start the ball rolling:

For me has to be on a stinking hot day, watching whirly winds, like mini cyclones whizzing along the dust..
Difficult to narrow down to one thing in oz...uluru, whitehaven beach, GBR, roo in my back garden, wild echidna on drive to work, the stars in the red centre!!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That is a stunning shot Is that the sea in the distance or just a line of cloud - whatever, you're in a fab position
Yup.. it is a beautiful place... i have lived in many places in many countries and this is my favorite place to be. We are very lucky to have found such a beautiful place. The white is low cloud that we seem to get most mornings in the valley below us. Sunsets are pretty nice too
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Mid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really nice

One of the coolest things has got to be while having smoko (grub break at work) sitting in New Farm park.We were eating our grub watching 2 dolphins slowly cruising up the Brissy River.Sure Ive seen them in the wild ,even fed them at Moreton Island but this was in the middle of a busy city AND I was getting paid for it.Quality!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.