Reload this Page >

cool places........?

cool places........?

Old Jul 12th 2003, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

chuckydh52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cool places........?

hi all,

goin to nz next year on a 'whv'was wondering where the best places are in new zealand for work and play,and does anyone know what the story is with driving licences,can i use my irish one?

cheers..
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:30 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cool places........?

Originally posted by chuckydh52
hi all,

goin to nz next year on a 'whv'was wondering where the best places are in new zealand for work and play,and does anyone know what the story is with driving licences,can i use my irish one?

cheers..

Best paces in NZ depend on what you want. If its beaches and warm weather then I recommend the top half of North Island, or Nelson. If its mountains, and back country then it would be the South Island.

Depends also on what work you do. Most office based jobs are to be found in Auckland or Wellington, but there is office work to be found in Christchurch or Dunedin in the South Island also.

Here's a short list of places to look into:
Auckland - big city, harbour, beaches, etc
Wellington - capital, bit more cultural
Napier and Hawkes Bay - lifestyle
Tauranga- lifestyle
Nelson- lifestyle
Christchurch - mixed city/lifestyle
Dunedin - mixed city/lifestyle
Queenstown - mad buggers, and mountains

Most should have a website, if you can't find one just ask through this forum.

You can use your driving licence when you arrive, but if you stay more than 1 year you will need to get a kiwi one. This will require a theory test (apparently not very hard for experienced drivers who read up on the NZ road code).

Hope the above helps
Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Flyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cool places........?

Yep, you can use your licence here for up to one year - any longer and you will have to apply for a kiwi one. Sitting the theory test is dead easy, it is a mutli-guess (sorry, choice) exam and you can buy a copy of the NZ road code from most bookshops here and it has sample questions in it.