Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Conversion exams - accountancy

Conversion exams - accountancy

Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Conversion exams - accountancy

Hi
Has anyone taken (or is taking) the conversion exams in Law & Tax?
I am trying to study via a distance learning course and finding it a real struggle
Would be very grateful to anyone who has advice as to what is expected.
e.g the 1st assignment says 'no more than 2000 words', but how few words will be sufficient?
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:41 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conversion exams - accountancy

Originally Posted by November11
Hi
I am trying to study via a distance learning course and finding it a real struggle
e.g the 1st assignment says 'no more than 2000 words', but how few words will be sufficient?
Thanks
Check out the accountancy forum
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thebears
Check out the accountancy forum
How do I get into the accountancy forum?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 9:31 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

How do I get into the accountancy forum?
Look at the bottom of the screen and use the forum jump or go back to the list of Forums - it is under working abroad.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...sprune=-1&f=87
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks
Are you doing the module LAW5219 with the University of Southern Queensland? There are four others on here doing it at the moment: PJA, sonictigger and me and my husband.

If you are not sure "how few" words are allowed, why not email the tutor? That's what he is there for. He won't bite!

Gina
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

tical is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks
Use your judgement on the assignment it should not be too difficult and contact the instructor. From what I remember when I did it, you do not need to ace the exam you only need to pass. So relax it only looks daunting because you've just started. Only advice I like to give you is try to keep up with the course deadlines, I found myself in a crunch when I put off the assignments. Good luck.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Are you doing the module LAW5219 with the University of Southern Queensland? There are four others on here doing it at the moment: PJA, sonictigger and me and my husband.

If you are not sure "how few" words are allowed, why not email the tutor? That's what he is there for. He won't bite!

Gina
Hi Gina

Yes that's the one. Are you doing semester 2? Have you completed Assignment 1?

I promised myself when I finished ACA that I would never take another exam in my life!

Good advice re contacting the tutor but my computer is a little unreliable at the moment, having trouble logging on to the website

It's good to know that I'm not alone

Sue
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I did my Accountancy degree with an Australian University. From memory, I think if they are saying 2,000 words, do not go over, however you should aim to be within 10% of the 2,000.

BTW does USQ not have online access to study groups for your subject where you might find out that information?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:15 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gina

Yes that's the one. Are you doing semester 2? Have you completed Assignment 1?Sue
No, haven't completed it yet. I am a master at procrastination when it comes to assignments and always do them at the last minute ...

Gina