Reload this Page >

IT Contract in Sydney, Australia

IT Contract in Sydney, Australia

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

m0rpheus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Contract in Sydney, Australia

Hi there.

I am considering a new IT role which will be based in Sydney.

I have my own UK limited company so I am looking to communicate with other UK contractors who have made the move in the recent year(s) please.

The use of my limited company in Australia will be a "no" but I need to source a suitable accounancy firm and just get a grasp on the smaller details about contracting rules.

Thank you.

M
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all
Default Re: IT Contract in Sydney, Australia

U can get away with more in the UK, a lot of agencies now dont deal with sole traders so the benefits (apart from the obvious) are more difficult to come by.

They are really clamping down on the 80/20 rule over here (exactly the same as the IR35 stuff but they are more stringent now). Its best to try and get multiple streams or contracts on the go so you can sell yourself as a PSB (Pro Services Business).

Cheers
Sean
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

I was a permi in the UK, but since have been contracting in Aus (Perth).

What kind of info do you require?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

bogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to allbogdan84 is a name known to all

I'm also an IT contractor in the UK and have my own limited company.
As we know in the UK it is possible to work for up to 2 years with one client while still being outside IR35. As I understand it this is not possible in Australia because of the 80/20 rule?