Reload this Page >

Contract Rate Dispute !!!!

Contract Rate Dispute !!!!

Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:22 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Contract Rate Dispute !!!!

Hi
Today this scenario has happened to me!!
Please tell me what do you think....

I got a contract job and the agent agreed to pay $22 per hour + 9% super = $24 per hour as PAYG

When I told them I want to be an Independent Contractor not PAYG they told me the rate will be just $22 ?!!!!

I contacted a work force management company and they told me I should get paid $24 as independent contractor
but the agent says ( $24 as PAYG OR $22 as Independent Contractor)

is this justified?
is this normal?!!!
who is right the agent or the work force management?!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:12 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contract Rate Dispute !!!!

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Hi
Today this scenario has happened to me!!
Please tell me what do you think....

I got a contract job and the agent agreed to pay $22 per hour + 9% super = $24 per hour as PAYG

When I told them I want to be an Independent Contractor not PAYG they told me the rate will be just $22 ?!!!!

I contacted a work force management company and they told me I should get paid $24 as independent contractor
but the agent says ( $24 as PAYG OR $22 as Independent Contractor)

is this justified?
is this normal?!!!
who is right the agent or the work force management?!
They don't pay your super fund, so I reckon they are right!
Jenny
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jensteve
They don't pay your super fund, so I reckon they are right!
Jenny
in the first case they will pay $24 but in the second case just $22 how come?!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

in the first case they will pay $24 but in the second case just $22 how come?!
If you are independent as in being self-employed or a subbie.............. then you have to pay your own super.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bobcat
If you are independent as in being self-employed or a subbie.............. then you have to pay your own super.
I agree that I have to pay my own super, but dont they have to give me the rate include super so I manage my self. i.e. $24 not $22 and I will manage my salary!!!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:01 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

If you're an employee, they have to pay 9% super on top of what they pay you.

If you're a contractor, they do not pay your super, you pay it youself. So you obviously want to negotiate a higher rate per hour as you'll have to 9% of it into your super.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:54 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

And what about your holiday entitlement? sick benefits? Bank Holidays,

I'm assuming as a contractor you woudn't get any of these benefits.

Sounds like there taking the P***, it's just not worth contracting for them.

Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
And what about your holiday entitlement? sick benefits? Bank Holidays,

I'm assuming as a contractor you woudn't get any of these benefits.

Sounds like there taking the P***, it's just not worth contracting for them.

not even PAYG will benefit of public holidays
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:22 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

... actually for all the years I've worked here, if it's public holiday and I've been employed on permanent basis (part time or full time), I have always been paid, and may I add, NOT from my annual leave, for my normal hours as quoting the wageline "I was able to work, I was willing to work, and it's not my fault the employer was not willing to make me work". That applies for pre IR contract in my case, not sure re the current IR law contracts though and also, this does not clearly apply to casual workers.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:17 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Arrow Re: Contract Rate Dispute !!!!

not even PAYG will benefit of public holidays
So if it's say Australia day, or the Queens Birthday... Bank holidays from what I can remember. but thats not the point!

Then all the full time staff have to book it down as annual leave, or simply not get paid for that day.

Is that right?