Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

contacting inland revenue

contacting inland revenue

Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question contacting inland revenue

anyone contacted the tax office from Aus?

if so, when's a good time to call cos I've been trying for over half an hour and just constantly engaged...........

thanks
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: contacting inland revenue

Originally Posted by bridie

if so, when's a good time to call cos I've been trying for over half an hour and just constantly engaged...........

thanks
Always quite difficult to get through...........you just have to keep on trying!!!! Good luck.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:55 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie

thanks
Hi Bridie,

good to see you back here on BE .

Yes, the "general helpline" will be constantly engaged becasue it's the one most people phone.

But there are lots of other phone numbers - easier to get through. If you know the address of your tax office, i.e. the one that deals with your tax affairs then you can phone them directly.

1. Go to the website: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk
2. Click on "Contact Us" at the top.
3. Scroll down a little and click on "By phone".
4. Click on "specific enquiries". Then click "individuals" and "go". And then scroll down (!) to where it says if you are calling from overseas click here "to find the Area Office International Number". Using that number you should get straight through .

Gina
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gina

Unfortunately that's exactly what I did and after two hour of pressing redial I've admitted defeat and done a letter!