Consumer rights

Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Consumer rights

I've got a useless product (which doesn't work as advertised) sold to me by a retailer and they are reluctant to acknowledge my complaint and refund. Is there any organisation in Victoria that helps consumers in such situations and help getting refund / compensation. If possible, I want a free of charge service.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consumer rights

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I've got a useless product (which doesn't work as advertised) sold to me by a retailer and they are reluctant to acknowledge my complaint and refund. Is there any organisation in Victoria that helps consumers in such situations and help getting refund / compensation. If possible, I want a free of charge service.
Don't you usually get a 14 day period for return with full refund?

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256...ontact+us~&3=~
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieG
Don't you usually get a 14 day period for return with full refund?

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256...ontact+us~&3=~
Thanks for the link Indie. Does the 14 day trial period applicable to all the products or only those which say about it loudly while being sold. Mine one is a body-use product bought from a reputed chemist (Don't want to go into any more details for privacy reasons). The response I got from the Chemist, this works for certain body types, can't help.

I've complained directly to the manufacturer and they are testing it for defectiveness. In case it turns out to be - "the product is fine, if it doesn't work for you, we can't help". What should I do?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link Indie. Does the 14 day trial period applicable to all the products or only those which say about it loudly while being sold. Mine one is a body-use product bought from a reputed chemist (Don't want to go into any more details for privacy reasons). The response I got from the Chemist, this works for certain body types, can't help.

I've complained directly to the manufacturer and they are testing it for defectiveness. In case it turns out to be - "the product is fine, if it doesn't work for you, we can't help". What should I do?
I wouldn't know about cosmetics/creams etc. Best to call up the numbers provided on that link and find out about your rights as a consumer. Good luck
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't want to take back a condom that split either.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Centurion
I wouldn't want to take back a condom that split either.
Lol Its a machine btw, will try Consumer affairs deptt. Thanks.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried changing the batteries first? My wife chews through batteries in her vibrator like there's no tomorrow
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Have you tried changing the batteries first? My wife chews through batteries in her vibrator like there's no tomorrow
Which chemists do you shop at?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:29 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob Tonnor
Which chemists do you shop at?
Naughty but Nice.

Just like a paracetemol gets rid of a headache.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Consumer law in States and Territories were unified on 1 Jan 2011.

Here's the website.....
http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/conten...x?doc=home.htm
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Did it say anywhere on the packaging that it might not be suitable for you? Was this divulged at point of sale? I would look into Fair Trading if I were you.
Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Usually they're not for sticking in your mouth, but whatever she's into I guess.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

so it didnt get any bigger then

the reference to "john holmes" on the box is just a sales gimmick

Last edited by steve`o; Apr 28th 2011 at 7:51 pm.