Reload this Page >

Construction industry in Aus?

Construction industry in Aus?

Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction industry in Aus?

Hi everyone,

I set up a thread to see if there were any jobs for carpenter's in Brisbane or surrounding areas and got quite a good response from people.

I was wondering if anyone knew how the rest of Australia is regarding jobs for skilled building trades.

For those of you that don't know, i'm a carpenter looking to move to Brisbane in late april/ early may this year. Even though my mind is kind of set on Brisbane i would move over to perth if i knew that i was more likely to get a job.

All info is welcome.

Cheers

Lee
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction industry in Aus?

Well not sure about Brisbane.

But in my rural paper in Western Australia they have advert in regular for carpenters, bricklayers etc.
Advert in again for company 'Country Builders' they build houses and they want workers.

Gems
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

My advice would be head for were you first want to give it a go and see what happens. Nothing will just land in your lap its a case of making it happen when you get here.

The best job ever could be the first one you get or the 5th one...

I moved to Brisbane and ended up on the Gold Coast and haved worked in Brisbane and on the coast.....its all about half and hour to an hours drive for work.

Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lee ive sent you a pm.

Haggis
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

I found this very useful document that provides a quarterly SensisĀ® Business Index is an ongoing series of surveys tracking the confidence and behaviour of Australia's small and medium enterprises (SMEs).

http://www.about.sensis.com.au/media...inessIndex.pdf

You will notice that it covers all states and most industries, including construction.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Hey Lee,

check out the pm

Haggis
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ottg
I found this very useful document that provides a quarterly SensisĀ® Business Index is an ongoing series of surveys tracking the confidence and behaviour of Australia's small and medium enterprises (SMEs).

http://www.about.sensis.com.au/media...inessIndex.pdf

You will notice that it covers all states and most industries, including construction.
Only saw this info now:
Now, once you identified the performance of your market segment of interest, you can view an indepth research report here:

http://www.ibisworld.com.au/

Now for the good news: These reports are expensive but can be viewed at no charge at your nearest WA Small Business Development Centre
http://www.sbdc.com.au/drilldown/drilldown.asp?refid=5
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ---Haggisman---
Hey Lee,

check out the pm

Haggis
Cheers haggis, i've replied to your PM.

Lee