Reload this Page >

Considering the big move

Considering the big move

Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Gpol90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering the big move

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums and I'll give you a quick rundown of my thoughts at this moment about this trip.

Basically I'm a 22 year old and work for the electricity board over in the UK at the moment as a cable jointer and have completed my apprenticeship, nvq and city and guilds 2322. As well as gaining more experience.

Recently I've been considering taking a sabbatical and moving to Australia on a working holiday visa and if it goes well turning into a permanent visa (though my job is also on the skilled trades list).

I'm basically just looking for information about how to start off and when to look and contact companies in Australia about this?

Many thanks in advance
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Sarah7263 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Considering the big move

I say do it! If you get a sabbatical it's a safer option as leaves your options open for if you want to return to the UK.

The WHV means you can only work for one employer for a maximum of 6 months so be wary of that but just do your research on companies before you come over so you know who to get in touch with when you get here.

I don't know any industry specifics for you, hopefully someone else can help but I say give it a go for a year!!
Old Dec 5th 2012, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Sabbatical at 22 ..... just made me giggle
Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need to get licences for each state you want to work in which might take a bit of time and money but, yeah, why not take a career break and have an adventure if you can