Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The confusing area of bundled internet?

The confusing area of bundled internet?

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default The confusing area of bundled internet?

Ok we have the house, we have electricity, we have gas, we have water. Trying to find a good quality internet and phone package that does not break the bank?
We phoned telstra earlier, after being on hold three times between convos with a prat, we finally got to the bit where they ask if we want anything else, we said no can we please set up a direcr debit and the phone went dead
Anyone got a good line of info on this please,or other providers that are less ignorant?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: The confusing area of bundled internet?

we got unlimited adsl+2 broadband and phone line from TPG

$60 all in which i was very happy with

be warned their customer services are shite but once you are up and running you shouldnt need them anyway
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:40 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
we got unlimited adsl+2 broadband and phone line from TPG

$60 all in which i was very happy with

be warned their customer services are shite but once you are up and running you shouldnt need them anyway
+1 for that.

Then as a broadband customer you can add a heavy use cap mobile phone plan for $30 per month, no contract.

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_servi...cing/homephone

http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.html
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
+1 for that.

Then as a broadband customer you can add a heavy use cap mobile phone plan for $30 per month, no contract.

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_servi...cing/homephone

http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.html
whats they're mobile coverage like

at the moment i have sim only vodafone and have to say the coverage is pants ( i think $35 per month for $450 )

just as well i do not know many people over here so rarely get any calls

can you use the limit of $1000 for anything / international calls as that is what i use mine for now with no problems
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:58 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

whats they're mobile coverage like

at the moment i have sim only vodafone and have to say the coverage is pants ( i think $35 per month for $450 )

just as well i do not know many people over here so rarely get any calls

can you use the limit of $1000 for anything / international calls as that is what i use mine for now with no problems
It runs on the Optus network I think. I don't currently use it so I can't really comment, thinking about it for when my contract with 3 finally ends...I can't put up with their issues any more!

It's $600 for general stuff + $400 for TPG to TPG - and no it doesn't include international calls, I thought only 3 and Virgin did?
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

We've used iinet for a long time and we're happy with the customer service as well as the internet service.

A lot of people would steer clear of Telstra as they can be a nightmare to deal with, but I think you've already experienced that.

I've seen those ads for Vivid wireless/mobile - have you looked at that?

There are black holes for internet coverage around Perth, so some areas only have dial-up There are other threads on BE, and loads more on the whirlpool forum.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's $600 for general stuff + $400 for TPG to TPG - and no it doesn't include international calls, I thought only 3 and Virgin did?[/QUOTE]

i get $450 credit with my sim only with vodafone to use as i please for $35

have the quota app on my iphone so it keeps both mine and the mrs vodafone bill up to date so we dont go over ( which would slaughter anyone when using internationally )
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 11:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
Ok we have the house, we have electricity, we have gas, we have water. Trying to find a good quality internet and phone package that does not break the bank?
We phoned telstra earlier, after being on hold three times between convos with a prat, we finally got to the bit where they ask if we want anything else, we said no can we please set up a direcr debit and the phone went dead
Anyone got a good line of info on this please,or other providers that are less ignorant?
I'm with iinet - they are a Perth based outfit and we seem to get good service here. They are not the cheapest but I have had no problems with them and their customer service is good.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm with iinet - they are a Perth based outfit and we seem to get good service here. They are not the cheapest but I have had no problems with them and their customer service is good.
Us too.Ditched Telstra for them and no problems.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

It's $600 for general stuff + $400 for TPG to TPG - and no it doesn't include international calls, I thought only 3 and Virgin did?
i get $450 credit with my sim only with vodafone to use as i please for $35

have the quota app on my iphone so it keeps both mine and the mrs vodafone bill up to date so we dont go over ( which would slaughter anyone when using internationally )[/QUOTE]

Have a look at

http://www.phonecardcity.com.au/Gene...?CountryID=225

get one of these cards, i use chitchat

10 dollars gets 2,500 minute to uk landline, and its a local call here to connect. so i dial it as part of my plan on mobikle, enter the pin and dial the number in uk as usual for the price of a local call!!

Enjoy peeps!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

As a couple of others have said...iiNet. We've had an account with them for nearly 4 years and never had a problem.

We've stuck with Telstra as well, since in our new build they have a monopoly for all the telcom crap for the first few years.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

I was sceptical about TPG but I've ended up with them and am really happy with the offering. I've got the bundled home phone+unlimited ADSL2+ for $60, an extra $5 a month gives you unlimited local calls too.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

iinet.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Iinet are the god of ISPs. I only went with TPG because my company will pay upto $60pm of my Internet costs. Because the homephone / unlimited Internet item appears as a single line on the invoice at 59.99 I get the whole lot paid for. Having said that, no complaints about TPG.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:01 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

For an ISP internode is the Geeks choice of ISP followed by IINet.

For mobile Telstra has the best remote coverage of all the providers. Vodafone have had a lot of bad press as they have overloaded their network. TPG is cheap and you get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.