Reload this Page >

confused to be migrants

confused to be migrants

Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:00 am
Just Joined

jasinardani is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face confused to be migrants

Hey,

we recently got our visa's and hope to move by next July, so wil be ideal for kids end of year. We have to basically start from scratch as in moving household stuff, renting in Aussie, looking at schooling ect. It's not gonna be easy, and i think this is the stres point.Anyone recently moved!!! and how was the experience.

Jasi
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused to be migrants

Originally Posted by jasinardani
Hey,

we recently got our visa's and hope to move by next July, so wil be ideal for kids end of year. We have to basically start from scratch as in moving household stuff, renting in Aussie, looking at schooling ect. It's not gonna be easy, and i think this is the stres point.Anyone recently moved!!! and how was the experience.

Jasi

Hi Jasi,

Welcome to British Expats (or the madhouse if you prefer )

We moved out here to South Australia 16 weeks ago, it's quite stressful. Lots to do in them first few weeks. This site is brilliant though, you'll get lots of information on almost anything you need to know.

I suggest reading through a few of these links here for ideas on where to start http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774

I'd also advise to take it steady and do one thing at a time, or you will end up being really stressed out

Good luck with your move and if you need anything give us a shout.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi we are at boiling point at the moment.
shippers coming in the next few weeks. just signed contracts on our house.just had our farewell party...........OMG ...........everything is going so fast.
just make a list and stick to it.
just think why you made this life changing decision and I'm sure things will be a lot clearer.
what ever Chang's in between the reasons for emigrating are always the same.
wishing you all every happiness and hope it all goes well

Denise Peter and Family
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We've been here 2 months now. (Today is our monthiversary ) To be honest, it has been such a whirlwind that I don't know if it's been difficult or not. I started work just a few days after we arrived, so my hub has done all the leg work since we got here. He enrolled the kids in school, got his driver's licence, found us a house - which we move into tomorrow and I only saw for the first time today.
You will just have to realise it's not going to be like moving house in your own country. Everything will be different here but it is really worth it in the end if you come over with an open mind.
Best of luck with your application!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotnron
We've been here 2 months now. (Today is our monthiversary ) To be honest, it has been such a whirlwind that I don't know if it's been difficult or not. I started work just a few days after we arrived, so my hub has done all the leg work since we got here. He enrolled the kids in school, got his driver's licence, found us a house - which we move into tomorrow and I only saw for the first time today.
You will just have to realise it's not going to be like moving house in your own country. Everything will be different here but it is really worth it in the end if you come over with an open mind.
Best of luck with your application!

Wish I'd thought of getting a job and letting OH do it all.

Mind we'd still be living in a caravan!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:36 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I'm in a similar-ish position - got it all to come. We are just applying for visas but OH has accepted a job so it should go through ok.

I am thinking of not working so I can sort all the moving stuff but part of it is also cos I am planning to have a baby asap once out there. The timing sucks but the biological clock issue is pressing. I'm figuring first baby is a massive change, as is moving to another country - might as well get all the hassle in one big lot. In for a penny, in for a pound!

This site looks great for finding out info, plus having a laugh
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Wish I'd thought of getting a job and letting OH do it all.

Mind we'd still be living in a caravan!
We've been here 2 months and today was my first day off work that wasn't a weekend. Was going to go get my licence, car insurance, etc, but instead had to wait at the new house for our fridge to be delivered. It never did come today. They had the order for tomorrow early am. I think I'd rather live in a caravan but have a day to myself. Told Ron that I'm taking a week off once the kids are back in school to do all the things he got to do before he went out to work.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We've been here 2 months and today was my first day off work that wasn't a weekend. Was going to go get my licence, car insurance, etc, but instead had to wait at the new house for our fridge to be delivered. It never did come today. They had the order for tomorrow early am. I think I'd rather live in a caravan but have a day to myself. Told Ron that I'm taking a week off once the kids are back in school to do all the things he got to do before he went out to work.

I know I was kidding, must be really hard for you. Hopefully it will get better. Do you have any time off soon? I think you should have a pampering day away from everything.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:13 pm
Still alive

I know I was kidding, must be really hard for you. Hopefully it will get better. Do you have any time off soon? I think you should have a pampering day away from everything.
I'm so desperate for a pedicure right now. When I was at the new house today my feet were getting stuck in the carpet because they are so dry. I think I may take a long weekend and go visit my sister in Brisbane for a couple of days. We could have a nice weekend of girly stuff. I haven't seen her in nearly 4 years so it will be nice to catch up.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm so desperate for a pedicure right now. When I was at the new house today my feet were getting stuck in the carpet because they are so dry. I think I may take a long weekend and go visit my sister in Brisbane for a couple of days. We could have a nice weekend of girly stuff. I haven't seen her in nearly 4 years so it will be nice to catch up.
Do it. Sounds like you deserve it.

Where abouts is Klemzig?, been trying to find out how close or far away you are from us, but Goolge Aus is rubbish
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:29 pm
Still alive

Do it. Sounds like you deserve it.

Where abouts is Klemzig?, been trying to find out how close or far away you are from us, but Goolge Aus is rubbish
We're the last stop on the O-Bahn before the city. Actually, our house is at NorthEast Rd and Muller Ave, which turns into Regency Rd. Right now we're still at Surrey Downs, which is over by Tea Tree Plaza. Only 10 minutes to yours.
If you want to meet up for a coffee this weekend, let me know. I'm going over to Spotlight on Montague Rd on Sunday and could meet you somewhere in between.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We're the last stop on the O-Bahn before the city. Actually, our house is at NorthEast Rd and Muller Ave, which turns into Regency Rd. Right now we're still at Surrey Downs, which is over by Tea Tree Plaza. Only 10 minutes to yours.
If you want to meet up for a coffee this weekend, let me know. I'm going over to Spotlight on Montague Rd on Sunday and could meet you somewhere in between.

Will let you know tomorrow, I'll see what the boss says as she may need to go to the beach apparantly
Old Oct 13th 2006, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

jasinardani is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: confused to be migrants

Hey,

thanx for the info, i just hope it goes well, with kids n that it will be a little difficult, poor things have to go along with the flow too i guess. Will def check out the site thanx once again.

Jasi