Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Edgewater,Perth.

Edgewater,Perth.

Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Edgewater,Perth.

Hi, we are about to go into a rented poroperty in edgewater,perth.
Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on the suburb etc.
Thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edgewater,Perth.

Hi,

We are in Kingsley and have 3 lots of friends in Edgewater. It's a nice suburb and is really central for Joondalup and the beach etc. I think it's one of the nicest established suburbs North of the river.

Hope this helps

Jo
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:22 am
Just Joined

vettie is on a distinguished road

We live in Joondalup just next to Edgewater. It's a lovely suburb. A lady I work with lives there and her opinion was that people that move into the suburb rarely move out.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

markr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the roughmarkr1963 is a jewel in the rough

Lived in Joondalup for year now live up the road in Clarkson. Edgewater's a good suburb AFAIK. 25 mins from the CBD by train. 5 mins the other way to Joondalup where the shopping complex is expanding like mad. 10 Mins to the ocean (in a car ). It's all good.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Angelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the roughAngelap is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Daren
Thanks.
Edgewater-absolutely brilliant-a bit overlooked,but some nice solid ,well built houses,larger blocks-average 750 squares,and established vegetation& tall trees that you dont find elsewhere.Its not bland& boxy like some suburbs.
Built on limestone embankment that has parts that overlook lake Joondalup/Yellagonga Nat.park-great for walks,picnic cove play area-lovely and Emerald Park is beautiful early am/afternoon with Kookaburras & Cockatoos ++
Its a stonesthrow to train station that takes you 20-25 mins to Perth CBD
As you can see on the map its an enclosed suburb with no main roads for boy-racers & no rat-runs through it,basically you only come there if you live there.Crime rate LOW/miniscule.Shopping for daily needs=8am-8pm supermarket,hairdressers(from UK),realestate agent,wineshop,newsagent,pharmacist, and beauty salon opening soon ,or go to Woodvale shops @Trappers Drive,or Joondalups Lakeside Centre
Its only an 8 min drive to Mullalloo Beach along Ocean Reef Road-it basically doesnt get any better-an "undervalued" suburb that in my opinion is an absolute gem.The best kept secret in the Norther Suburbs-Shhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

hi all
Where would you recommend in perth to start as i dont know any areas and dont millions to spend!! .Hopefully with fingers crossed i wll be in perth early next year..thanks
Old Oct 8th 2006, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Rackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daren,

I have just returned from a months holiday in Edgewater after visiting my brother who has been living there for nearly two years now.

My first impressions were that it was a little quiet but had all the necessary amenities available and all within walking distance. As previously mentioned it is just a short trip by car/train to Joondalup where the Lakeside shopping centre is situated. Perth centre is about a 30min train ride and the trains run every 15mins so you are not having to wait around too long to get to your destination. Hilarys is a fantastic place to visit which is also only a 10min drive away which has lots of shops and places to eat. The Aqwa marine centre is also a good day out as well for children.

Schools are close by as well and the beach is about a 10min drive. The area is very clean and everyone takes pride in their properties and are well presented.

Emerald Park is a fantastic place to take your dog for a walk and is lit up by floodlight at night so you can walk around without feeling uncomfortable. I used to take my brothers dog for a walk in the evenings with my two nieces (10 & 13) and often we would kick a ball around without any problems.

This was my first visit to Australia so I can't really give a comparison to other suburbs but as far as I was concerned it puts the housing estates here in the UK to shame. I would reccomend living here as everyone I spoke to could not fault it in any way and were very settled.

I am hoping to get my Visa and will be making my application very soon. I want to live a bit nearer the centre of Perth as I prefer the City life and nightlife (still young and unsettled ) but if given the option I would not hesitate to find a property in Edgewater.

House prices were averaging aroung the $400k > $450 for a 4 x 2 as one of my intentions of going to Oz was to look at houses. Plenty were available in Edgewater and also nearby Wannaroo as well.

Hope things work out for you.

Last edited by Rackie; Oct 8th 2006 at 7:33 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rackie
Hi Daren,

I have just returned from a months holiday in Edgewater after visiting my brother who has been living there for nearly two years now.

My first impressions were that it was a little quiet but had all the necessary amenities available and all within walking distance. As previously mentioned it is just a short trip by car/train to Joondalup where the Lakeside shopping centre is situated. Perth centre is about a 30min train ride and the trains run every 15mins so you are not having to wait around too long to get to your destination. Hilarys is a fantastic place to visit which is also only a 10min drive away which has lots of shops and places to eat. The Aqwa marine centre is also a good day out as well for children.

Schools are close by as well and the beach is about a 10min drive. The area is very clean and everyone takes pride in their properties and are well presented.

Emerald Park is a fantastic place to take your dog for a walk and is lit up by floodlight at night so you can walk around without feeling uncomfortable. I used to take my brothers dog for a walk in the evenings with my two nieces (10 & 13) and often we would kick a ball around without any problems.

This was my first visit to Australia so I can't really give a comparison to other suburbs but as far as I was concerned it puts the housing estates here in the UK to shame. I would reccomend living here as everyone I spoke to could not fault it in any way and were very settled.

I am hoping to get my Visa and will be making my application very soon. I want to live a bit nearer the centre of Perth as I prefer the City life and nightlife (still young and unsettled ) but if given the option I would not hesitate to find a property in Edgewater.

House prices were averaging aroung the $400k > $450 for a 4 x 2 as one of my intentions of going to Oz was to look at houses. Plenty were available in Edgewater and also nearby Wannaroo as well.

Hope things work out for you.
Hi,
thanks for the comments.All your replies are very helpfull,and back up what we thought after driving round the area.We tried the parks with our 4yr son and were very good.
We dont mind it being quiet,but once we discover baby sitters we will venture out into some night life.
We are renting for 12 months for now and will then see what happens
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:52 pm
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Hope u settled in well, just a thought, do ya think we should advertise a meet up in north perth, probs one has already been done, but thought might be nice.

Hi,
thanks for the comments.All your replies are very helpfull,and back up what we thought after driving round the area.We tried the parks with our 4yr son and were very good.
We dont mind it being quiet,but once we discover baby sitters we will venture out into some night life.
We are renting for 12 months for now and will then see what happens
Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Greg and Jenny is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Hi Daren
We have lived in Edgewater for 6 years. We moved away once and came back. Its a beautiful suburb and if you havent already make sure you take a trip to picnic cove by the lake its beautiful. We are near the lake and love it here. My son goes to the local school and my youger son who is 4 starts there in Feb next year. Edgewater has always been regarded as a bit of a secret because it has no main roads running through it so many are unfamiliar with the suburb. Prices here are good for homes but you may need to look for a while as not too many are ever for sale at one time.
Enjoy Jenny
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:05 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Greg and Jenny
Hi Daren
We have lived in Edgewater for 6 years. We moved away once and came back. Its a beautiful suburb and if you havent already make sure you take a trip to picnic cove by the lake its beautiful. We are near the lake and love it here. My son goes to the local school and my youger son who is 4 starts there in Feb next year. Edgewater has always been regarded as a bit of a secret because it has no main roads running through it so many are unfamiliar with the suburb. Prices here are good for homes but you may need to look for a while as not too many are ever for sale at one time.
Enjoy Jenny
Hi Jenny - what are the local schools called? we've been looking at Edgewater too but can't seem to find much info on the schools in that area...

Cheers!

Jane
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
we pick keys up on friday 13, but will not move in untill furniture clears customs.We are looking to send Izaac(4)to the child care called little muppets in edgewater,does anybody have any info on this.
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi Jenny - what are the local schools called? we've been looking at Edgewater too but can't seem to find much info on the schools in that area...

Cheers!

Jane
private school (high) is Catholic

http://www.mdc.wa.edu.au/default.htm

Primary School is public

Edgewater Primary
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:42 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hunter
private school (high) is Catholic

http://www.mdc.wa.edu.au/default.htm

Primary School is public

Edgewater Primary
Thanks! Will have a look....

Are there any local public high schools?

Cheers,

Jane xx
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Edgewater,Perth.

Thanks.
hello all
me and my family will be going to perth next year. just wondering where we should start first? any info on doctors dentists how much you will pay so on .
allso tax number any info would be good many thanks. allso a nice place to rent at first
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.