Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confused by baggage company - help please!

Confused by baggage company - help please!

Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused by baggage company - help please!

Hello

We are finally in the process of organising our move to Australia in March 2009, going into our rented accommodation in the next few weeks. As a result we decided it would be good to pack up as much as possible ready for Australia when we move.

Got a quote from excess-baggage.com which was fine........then another, then another. They all seem to basically be part of the same company - Excess International Removals but all have different formats, slightly different offers of cartons they provide and different names!
1st contact, Excess Baggage and London Baggage Company.

Please can someone enlighten me to how this company works cos I think I'm missing something! My head is all over the shop at the moment and I'm really confused........

Thanks if anyone can help......

Itigo
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused by baggage company - help please!

Excess baggage and London baggage are same company.
We used them and everything arrived in good condition and lost nothing.

But originally booked via Excess but like you somehow we dealt with name London Baggage after initial quote.
They were good, as we were in another part of Europe and organised a company to get the shipping from Europe to London first included in price.

Anyway I later sent a couple of suitcases and just dealt with the London baggage number.

Gems
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Classy Chick will become famous soon enough

Slightly off from the main question but have you tried www.transglobalexpress.co.uk

We sent accross 3 boxes of 20 kilos ( 60kilos) full of clothes / PS3 etc for 160pounds. They went with DHL and took about 3 days to get there.

I would highly recommend them!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies - think I get it now........ I guess the 3 quotes were from different salespeople trying to get me to phone them for commission as it was an online quote.

Think we will use them as we could do with the 8-10 weeks to get sorted!!

Itigo