Confused

Old Jul 25th 2013, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

wenmos_44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused

Not sure who or where to go on this, perhaps it's my way of talking out loud!

Just to give you a little back ground....

I had always wanted to move to Canada, hubby and I got talking one day, dragged the kids over for a holiday, got back to the UK and started the process, moved to Canada in 2009 and Livin the dream' ..... so I thought.

Both children have settled well, work for me surprisingly has gone very well, working for a great company here in Calgary, huge opportunities. Hubby took the decision to go self employed and at first things were good until the end of last year (with out too much detail) we are now dealing with a court case and the potential of being sued for a lot of money of which means if we loose the worse case scenario is we would have to go bankrupt.

However my hubby has now thrown another curve ball at me, he no longer wants to live in Canada, he is very unhappy, apparently has been for sometime and wants to leave. I don't to leave I want to stay, our son is 24 and has his own life here with his girlfriend, our daughter is 16 and has jumped at the chance to move again

My real issue is he wants to emigrate to another country (Australia) and not return to the UK (returning to the UK was never an option!). As we are not getting any younger I know we are going to struggle to get visa's. I don't work in a skilled trade, hubby did, he has made it quite clear he does not want to return to that. I don't have a college/university background. I'm using myself because I'm guessing I could be the main applicant due to our ages for the country he wants to move to.

I have lots of questions, more questions than I have answers to. I made the mistake of 'Googleing' and got in touch with a Immigration company in Australia and now they wont leave me alone! They were able to give me some back ground information and suggested that we go for a Business Visa, valid 3 months. Me to get a student visa, obtain a diploma and then get sponsorship by my hubby's business....

I really have no idea what to do, where to go, who to talk to. I understand no one can give me the answers, the decisions are mine to make. The feeling of loneliness and home sick right now doesn't help either. I really feel i'm stuck between a rock and hard place trying to keep the family together.

If anyone can perhaps advise as to what processes would have to consider in moving to Australia, costs, timelines, sponsorship prior to moving or not an option, costs for a pet (dog 9 months old) anything right now I would be very grateful.

Sorry to waffle on!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:03 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused

Hi Wenmos. Im really sorry to hear about youre situation. I can't help with the information about moving to Australia sorry. Just wanted to let you know that youre not alone. There are alot of people in youre situation. Always here if you need a chat or just want to offload. Take care. xx
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:13 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest posting in the Australian forum to gain advise and gauge your chances of getting a visa.

My one concern would be that you would not be ok to have a court case hanging over you and leaving or would you have the court case out of the way?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 3:07 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Running from trouble always leaves you looking over your shoulder....
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

it funny because after 5 years in Australia I would love to try Canada (my initial migration dream before OH said no to Canada but agreed to warmer climes)

Your hubby probably is in the same category as me and in reality would be no more happier in AU as he is in CA, born nomads, probably an ancestual thing writing into our genetic code or something.

FYI most migration 'experts' will tell you anything to get you on there books, its simply a business.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the first thing to do would be to get clarity on the Australia visa situation, because the plan (business visa, student visa, sponsored by husband's company) is frankly one of the most bizarre plans I have heard in a long time.

What is your occupation? What is your husband's business? It requires very substantial turnover and a strong track record to get a business visa to Australia and I would imagine that the current situation would preclude him anyway.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't sound like the best of plans to me - I always assumed that business visas implied a lot of money! Add to that the cost of a student visa for you and international student fees for your daughter and you are talking several hundred thousand (if not millions) dollars. Doesn't sound feasible to me but only you know how your finances stand. May I suggest that your DH gets himself sorted before uprooting the family (if you can get a visa) - you know the old saying "wherever you go, there you are". I do appreciate the itchy feet syndrome, I don't like being trapped in one place either but the older you get, the more you are restricted.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

wenmos_44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all,
Thank you for your replies, what some of you have said about the business visa and that it sounds bizarre, I agree totally.
There is no way that we could come to Australia on a 3 month Business visa, buy a business and then get me into school!
Reflecting back on my post, I can see that I needed to let it out. We have a lot pressure on us right now and we have no one to talk to but each other! Not that I am complaining of course.
Running away from troubles.. yes I have spoken about that too with hubby as that's the impression I got from him.
I love Canada, I love being so close to the Rockies and seeing them everyday but for hubby that doesn't seem to be enough any more.
Hubby has his own Janitorial Services company concentrating on Post Construction Clean for new properties. I'm an EA to one of the VP's for a company born and bred out of Alberta! (that's what they say!)
I will close this thread and see if I can get some questions answered here :-)
Thank you all again, just seeing that you took the time to reply shows you have a good heart, thank you.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 8:18 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I don't think either of those jobs would qualify for a Visa to Australia....