Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Old May 30th 2007, 3:37 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Well there seems to be a bit of a groundswell, in Scossies favour, so I have sent him a PM, and we will see what happens, thanks to everyone for their help, and thanks for the PMs will let you know how we get on.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:32 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Just bumping this, to see if there are any new people on today that may be able to help.
Old May 31st 2007, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the most important factor in your decision?

Price
Construction
Maintenance
Shape / design
Programme
Heat retention
Filtration type
Finish

Cheap pool builders are generally poor pool builders. I've been advised to avoid the big players ... Aquatechnics / Sapphire / Freedom et al.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Hi Sandra, sounds like you are in a similar position to us, except we have had 7 quotes done, a fair range of prices and some were for fibreglass, but four were for concrete, which is what we prefer. I have read this thread with great interest, as I myself am awaiting a reply from someone who has quoted. I wont post anything yet other than that, as I say I am still waiting on a reply. I will drop you a PM in the next day or so, and let you know the outcome, and perhaps shed some light on which companies are reliable and which companies arent (from my own experience anyway) Hopefully I will have had a reply by tomorrow, so can PM you then.

Cheers
Old May 31st 2007, 6:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandradee
Thanks, but is that because he's a scot like me and you, or is that because he has built a good pool for you, we are talking a lot of money here, and I cant shell out just because a guy is a nice fella.
no its not because he is Scottish....that stoopid....and no its not because he has built a pool for me as I am in Qld.......and yes I know it is a lot of money to spend. I have heard several people on here compliment his workmanship, and know that his pool company is well known for excellent workmanship and service...and finally.........A DIDNAE SAY BUGGER ALL ABOUT HIM BEIN A NICE BLOKE !!!!! hehe
Old May 31st 2007, 11:48 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the recommendations guys....
Much appreciated.

I've sent Sandra a couple of PM's....