Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Old May 30th 2007, 2:15 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

Hi.

We are finally ready to build a pool, concrete is our preferred option. Has anyone on here actually used a company that has been relaible and done a good job, for a fair price, without doing a low quote, then hitting us with a load of extras, as I understand is the way many do it! I have already had two quotes, but both have taken ages to come through, and have entailed me ringing them about 3 times asking is the quote ready yet? If it is going to be that hard to get a quote, then it will probably prove impossible to get them on site! All I want is someone RELIABLE.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has a recommendation they can pass on please.

Last edited by sandradee; May 30th 2007 at 2:18 am.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concrete Pool to build in WA......any recommendations Please

can't help as we've not started as yet (plans still with the engineers) but we've gone with Aquability (Scossie's company)
Old May 30th 2007, 6:42 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ohippy
can't help as we've not started as yet (plans still with the engineers) but we've gone with Aquability (Scossie's company)
Not actually quite sure who he is? They dont seem to be in the Yellow Pages. Thanks anyway. I was hoping everyone with a recently built pool would be quick to jump in with a recommendation.....hope this doesnt mean nobody has any recommendations, or I'll be back to square one!
Old May 30th 2007, 7:06 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandradee
Not actually quite sure who he is? They dont seem to be in the Yellow Pages. Thanks anyway. I was hoping everyone with a recently built pool would be quick to jump in with a recommendation.....hope this doesnt mean nobody has any recommendations, or I'll be back to square one!
http://www.aquabilitypools.com.au/
Old May 30th 2007, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Scossie has just started "the dig" on our pool so we wait with baited breath in regard to how his company performs ...

Having said that, I've been witness to another Aquability Pool at a friends of ours and the quality is first class ... a real showcase for Aquability.

I know Scossie trawls this board religiously looking for feedback and comments so all I would say is ...

"Rock" ... "What Rock?" ...

Old May 30th 2007, 8:30 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

We are finally ready to build a pool, concrete is our preferred option. Has anyone on here actually used a company that has been relaible and done a good job, for a fair price, without doing a low quote, then hitting us with a load of extras, as I understand is the way many do it! I have already had two quotes, but both have taken ages to come through, and have entailed me ringing them about 3 times asking is the quote ready yet? If it is going to be that hard to get a quote, then it will probably prove impossible to get them on site! All I want is someone RELIABLE.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has a recommendation they can pass on please.

Try searching for Scossie...He has a pool company.

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 30th 2007, 8:34 am
Lanarkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Stitch
Try searching for Scossie...He has a pool company.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks for that, I may contact him, its recommendations I am seeking, they will tell me a lot more than visiting different websites will, thanks for your help.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:39 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I may contact him, its recommendations I am seeking, they will tell me a lot more than visiting different websites will, thanks for your help.
I haven't had personal experience of his work. Very honest poster on here and doesn't push his personal business. Company site looks professional and appears to be knowledgable. I'm sure someone has had one built buy him. He's a fellow Scot so I might be bias!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 30th 2007, 9:26 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Scossie has just started "the dig" on our pool so we wait with baited breath in regard to how his company performs ...

Having said that, I've been witness to another Aquability Pool at a friends of ours and the quality is first class ... a real showcase for Aquability.

I know Scossie trawls this board religiously looking for feedback and comments so all I would say is ...

"Rock" ... "What Rock?" ...

I have seen his finished product and is fabulous.

John wont bullshit people and try to come in low to beat a quote then hit with $$$$ later after getting the job.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that you will struggle to get personal reccomendations - mainly because most people I know who have had pools installed have not been at all happy.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:29 am
Lanarkshire Lass

I have to say that you will struggle to get personal reccomendations - mainly because most people I know who have had pools installed have not been at all happy.
That was what I was thinking, indeed I have already received two PMs from people who were not happy with their experience of certain companies. Hopefully in a couple of days, many more will have seen this thread, and I may have a little more to go on.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:37 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

its got to be oor Scossie
Old May 30th 2007, 11:11 am
Lanarkshire Lass

Originally Posted by biggy
its got to be oor Scossie
Thanks, but is that because he's a scot like me and you, or is that because he has built a good pool for you, we are talking a lot of money here, and I cant shell out just because a guy is a nice fella.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:17 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but is that because he's a scot like me and you, or is that because he has built a good pool for you, we are talking a lot of money here, and I cant shell out just because a guy is a nice fella.
Ask him for references. People that have built a pool through him, and ring them up and ask.

A very honest bloke. The only thing wrong with him is that he is a Freo supporter, but we all cant be perfect like me.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:58 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi.

Hi Sandra, sounds like you are in a similar position to us, except we have had 7 quotes done, a fair range of prices and some were for fibreglass, but four were for concrete, which is what we prefer. I have read this thread with great interest, as I myself am awaiting a reply from someone who has quoted. I wont post anything yet other than that, as I say I am still waiting on a reply. I will drop you a PM in the next day or so, and let you know the outcome, and perhaps shed some light on which companies are reliable and which companies arent (from my own experience anyway) Hopefully I will have had a reply by tomorrow, so can PM you then.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.