Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Computer Skills Assessment

Computer Skills Assessment

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

jonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant future
Default Computer Skills Assessment

Hi guys

I have to do the ACS skills assessment, I just wondering if any of you guys have done this, and if so could I send over what I have done so far for you guys to take a look at and see if it's ok before submitting.

Please drop me you email address and I will forward on.

regards

jonathan smith
[email protected]
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

abhityagi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Computer Skills Assessment

Sent you an email...

Originally posted by jonsm
Hi guys

I have to do the ACS skills assessment, I just wondering if any of you guys have done this, and if so could I send over what I have done so far for you guys to take a look at and see if it's ok before submitting.

Please drop me you email address and I will forward on.

regards

jonathan smith
[email protected]
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:05 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

me too. I don't mind having a look to help you out.

Marko
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Guys

I the next few weeks I will be submitting my ACS skills assesment. Currently I am researching how to create it.

I have IT Degree & 4 years experience which qualifys for PR, however not sure how detailed the Experience needs to be.

Is there any examples I can check against?

Ie. 5 page report on each year/Job role?
Is evidence required for all parts of job description?

Just a brief overview would be great to get me on my feet with this intial requirement

Thanks all!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dmartyos
Guys

I the next few weeks I will be submitting my ACS skills assesment. Currently I am researching how to create it.

I have IT Degree & 4 years experience which qualifys for PR, however not sure how detailed the Experience needs to be.

Is there any examples I can check against?

Ie. 5 page report on each year/Job role?
Is evidence required for all parts of job description?

Just a brief overview would be great to get me on my feet with this intial requirement

Thanks all!
Hi Dmartyos,

Don't think you'll need 5 page report on each year/Job role. When I put together my husband's stuff together for ACS assessment, his CV was only 2 pages. At the time of application, he had already got over 10 years of experience in IT with a total of 5 different employers, and a degree in computer science.

Just make sure you're sending certified copies of all your diplomas from university/college, professional certifications, and reference letters from employers. These are the things ACS will be looking at if you are applying under Group A (with IT degree). Detailed job descriptions are more relevant for Group B - for people who have IT experience but no IT degree.

We didn't even bother getting reference from one of JTL's former employers (although it was entered on the ACS form) because he was only there for 6 months and he didn't enjoy the work.

Best of luck with your application.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:42 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Don't think you'll need 5 page report on each year/Job role.
I think it's only if you are going through RPL you need to give that level of detail. For a regular skills assessment where you meet the criteria, just give evidence of that experience in the form of references and certificates.