Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Completed house sale at last

Completed house sale at last

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Completed house sale at last

After being here for 3 weeks

I have my access in work now as well, so expect more updates on our continuing adventures, but this is just a short post as I dont want to get caught scouring the internet in work just yet

Anyway we are settled in Pacific Pines, kids are in school and happy(Helensvale) and at last we have money to spend, all stuff completed Medicare, Centelink etc.
We need to transfer some money over now from UK account, not got much so we are going to use the bank to do it.

But the only thing now is we have another 4 weeeks till our furniture arrives, just wondering how long after the ship docks do we get it? The ship gets to Brissy 25th June so how long after can we expect our stuff?

Also as we are feeling a little more settled when are those Gold Coast or Brissy meets starting up again?

Speak to you all soon

P.S Wow the site looks better!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:59 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completed house sale at last

Thats great news about the house Dicko,must be a huge weight off your mind at last.

As for the next Barbi meet,probably organise one in the next 2/3weeks

Hows the new job going?

Donna.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:27 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

The ship our container was on docked at Sydney on Friday, 15 April and our stuff was delivered on Wednesday, 4 May - so just under three weeks in total.

Glad to hear things are going well!!

GG

Originally Posted by Dicko
But the only thing now is we have another 4 weeeks till our furniture arrives, just wondering how long after the ship docks do we get it? The ship gets to Brissy 25th June so how long after can we expect our stuff?
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dicko, you must have ESP, I was just thinking about you this morning! (when I woke up early & saw the traffic on the Gateway LOL) .

Glad to hear you are settling in & the kids are happy etc. Hows the new job? Is the commute bearable at that time of the morning or not?

As for the meets, I was gonna organise a Brisbane one for July since I havent done one since last year - but it looks like Donna's doing it! Get hold of Debsy if you want to organise one down the GC!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:53 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

After being here for 3 weeks

I have my access in work now as well, so expect more updates on our continuing adventures, but this is just a short post as I dont want to get caught scouring the internet in work just yet

Anyway we are settled in Pacific Pines, kids are in school and happy(Helensvale) and at last we have money to spend, all stuff completed Medicare, Centelink etc.
We need to transfer some money over now from UK account, not got much so we are going to use the bank to do it.

Also as we are feeling a little more settled when are those Gold Coast or Brissy meets starting up again?

Speak to you all soon

P.S Wow the site looks better!!!!!!
Good to hear from ya mate and glad the house sale has finally completed. Our stuff too around 3 weeks from the ship docking, it all depends how quick customs are.....so hopefully u will have all your stuff with u soon

Take care and keep us posted
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:20 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hey Dicko, you must have ESP, I was just thinking about you this morning! (when I woke up early & saw the traffic on the Gateway LOL) .

Glad to hear you are settling in & the kids are happy etc. Hows the new job? Is the commute bearable at that time of the morning or not?

As for the meets, I was gonna organise a Brisbane one for July since I havent done one since last year - but it looks like Donna's doing it! Get hold of Debsy if you want to organise one down the GC!
Please feel free Mrs Dagboy to arrange one from your end,i dont mind gives me one less thing to plan ahead for! apart from coming that is!!

Donna.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mrs D

The job isn't bad and the people are fine, and the processes we use and our reporting systems are basically the same as what I was used to in the UK.

But the travel :scared:
No only joking it isn't too bad as I have myself a new route now, where I don't have to touch the Gateway, I come off the Pacific Motorway at Springwood, through Rochedale, down Belmont road and up through Wynnum (Kiawanah Road) and hey presto brings me out right by Lytton Road
"Too easy"

All in all averaging out it takes me about 50 mins some mornings quicker than others.

Except on this Wednesday night when a Truck fell over on the Pacific at Springwood, nowhere to go for 2 hours :scared: :scared: , (wow that refidex is interesting )

Stay in touch and looking I'm forward to meeting you all at last, name the time and place and I'll try and get there

Speak to you soon
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mrs D

The job isn't bad and the people are fine, and the processes we use and our reporting systems are basically the same as what I was used to in the UK.

But the travel :scared:
No only joking it isn't too bad as I have myself a new route now, where I don't have to touch the Gateway, I come off the Pacific Motorway at Springwood, through Rochedale, down Belmont road and up through Wynnum (Kiawanah Road) and hey presto brings me out right by Lytton Road
"Too easy"

All in all averaging out it takes me about 50 mins some mornings quicker than others.

Except on this Wednesday night when a Truck fell over on the Pacific at Springwood, nowhere to go for 2 hours , (wow that refidex is interesting )

Stay in touch and looking I'm forward to meeting you all at last, name the time and place and I'll try and get there

Speak to you soon
Great news that you found a back route Dicko, seriously, every morning when I look out & see the Gateway crawling along I think of you! I wont have to now . As you have found out, if there is any sort of accident the traffic can be an absolute nightmare, Dagboy used to say that his commute from Loganlea was almost as stressful as his one in the UK :scared: . Going the way you do (assuming that I have the right route) you must almost go past our place - make sure you wave next time or I'll think you are a snob .

Donna - OK will sort something out in the next day or 2 .
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:20 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Great news that you found a back route Dicko, seriously, every morning when I look out & see the Gateway crawling along I think of you! I wont have to now . As you have found out, if there is any sort of accident the traffic can be an absolute nightmare, Dagboy used to say that his commute from Loganlea was almost as stressful as his one in the UK :scared: . Going the way you do (assuming that I have the right route) you must almost go past our place - make sure you wave next time or I'll think you are a snob .

Donna - OK will sort something out in the next day or 2 .

hi dicko have you got your stuff yet mate. we are having a mare getting refs from work that we need. just feel we need to get things moving quicker hate all that waiting round did you have trouble getting your refs off them.
from gaz