Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI Timeframe & Life in Vic

STNI Timeframe & Life in Vic

Old Jul 24th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Question STNI Timeframe & Life in Vic

Can anyone on the board provide some insight as to the timeframe for an STNI application to Victoria: an impending birthday may well negate an application so words of wisdom are much appreciated.

We have the provisional acceptance from VIC but nothing else as of yet: to proceed we would need to (and please correct me here) get my teaching reg. for Vic (I have NZ reg. so there is a reciprocal arrangement should make this a brief process) but I don't gave a NOOSR assessment. All the paperwork including letters from Uni and course breakdown is in place however: both could be sent tomorrow and the forms are complete.

However if we do then submit our initial visa enquiry and are accepted (110 points at present without a bond) how long might it take? We could pre-load with meds and police certificate but even then ...

I'm 40 in Feb at which point we lose 5 points but if my wife return to work in September we would of course gain the same number of points in 12/24 months time ....

Finally, I am right in thinking that it is my age at the time the decision is made which is more important than when the initial form is accepted etc. i.e. might we be asked for meds (if not pre-loaded) in Jan but then find the time frame has expired ...

Sorry for the visaesque nature of the post but we are set on getting a Visa for Vic and possibly returning to Qld where we have previously spent a year in the longer term. Having returned to Melbourne to study a few years back we were most impressed: has anyone else lived on the Gold Coast/Brisie region and also Vic/Melb. Any views?

Ta

Bezza