Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

Finished night shift at 730am after watching a nice red sunrise over Guildford. Drove 30 minutes to Sainsburys, did grocery shopping. Drove a further 30 mins to put flowers on Dad's grave, then home.
Cooked up bacon, chipolatas with fresh french bread, yum. Sold hubby's car, (it was advertised in driveway!) then went to bed. Hubby took kids out.
Got up at 330pm, cleaned the upstairs of the house, had a shower.
Went to the cinema & saw Hot Fuzz and then on to an excellent Indian Restaurant. Now home tucking into a bottle of red..........

Oh....and then my daughter decided to puke all over her bed - perfect end to the day!

Last edited by daisylilymum; Feb 17th 2007 at 9:42 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:28 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Perth...

Got up at 7:30 cleaned the pool then changed oil and filter on car.

Went inside because of the rain, stayed indoors the rest of the day because of the crappy weather.

Began process of sorting all our stuff out for house move

Watched a DVD, fell asleep.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mo33
thought it might be interesting to compare our days so many miles apart and see who shapes up best! Right my day.....

Saturday morning, got up, dark, wet and raining. Can't go out anywhere-kids got too much homework, weather rubbish, instead did the washing, ironing and general cleaning up. Kids lunch- eaten indoors in front of telly. Kids playing indoors on computer or doing homework. Nowhere for them to go. Quiet elderly nieghbourhood, no youngsters to play with......... soon to bed coz its cold, tellys crap and tomorrows sunday, the day i spend all day in the kitchen making a roast dinner only to be scoffed in 10 mins!..then.. hey ho monday-back to work!! Not bad i know but how was yours??
Mo x
Saturday! One of only two days in the week when green-fingered-melburnians (who live in even numbered houses) are allowed to water our gardens - make a mental note not to forget to do it in the evening.
Ouch, realise that a mossie must have been feasting out on me, while I was eating out with friends on Friday night, and I have a monumental hangover!
38 outside, best to stay inside - confirmed when we trip out to the local shopping/cafe strip & I nearly fry when stuck waiting to cross the road. Decide exercise in this weather & with this hang over is out of the question. Cinema is packed (busiest days are the hottest days) with people trying to find good air con - we go home, where I fall to sleep on the couch...and forget to water the plants.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice

yesterday, Saturday.

Michelle is a hair dresser so she was at work all day. the air con broke down in the centre she works, so it was like a sweat box she said. it was not that hot here yesterday but over 30 may be 33. I got up and did some house work, then ran our youngest daughter to her dance class at 12:00. back home two loads in the dishwasher and two loads in the wash machine. first lot dry on the line by the time the second load is done in machine.
Oldest daughter out of bed about 1:30 and in front of TV.
Off to collect Jess from dancing, stop at Woolies on the way home for food shopping. groceries away, make fresh fruit salad and scrub up barbe. oh yeah a nice cold beer. it is hot enough to stop you in your tracks when you walk out onto the deck area from the sanctuary of the aircond house.
Shell home from work about 5:30 complaining of the already said broken aircon at work. We are really lucky and have a pool in our yard as the call it here, so Shell, Jess and myself go for a wallow in the glistening blue pool about an hour is spent clowning around. Zoe (Oldest daughter) off to work. Back up to the decking light the barbe, the normal happens here I do the cooking and shell makes a salad to go with. good combined effort resulting in another great meal washed down with a couple of pina coladas for shell and another beer for me. all this going on over the backdrop of Yowie bay. where we watch the boats up and down the bay, and the birds in the cloudless blue sky over the canopy of lush green trees, from wich you can see a scattering of houses peeking through the trees on the opposing side of the bay. . Who's occupants are probably having a similar day as we have just had.
We still have to go to work and do chores and stuff but the surroundings and circumstances seem to make it easier for us here than when we were in the UK.
But guess what guys, we still end up in front of the telly at the end of the day watching the same old junk.

All the best Cockney Rob...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Perth...

Got up at 7:30 cleaned the pool then changed oil and filter on car.

Went inside because of the rain, stayed indoors the rest of the day because of the crappy weather.

Began process of sorting all our stuff out for house move

Watched a DVD, fell asleep.

Thought you'd have gone surfing and spent time on the beach and done a thousand and one interesting things as life isn't mundane in Aus

Mine in UK, took my kids out for lunch then went to work, has been a lovely sunny day, extremely mild for February
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

thought it might be interesting to compare our days so many miles apart and see who shapes up best! Right my day.....

Saturday morning, got up, dark, wet and raining.

Can't go out anywhere-kids got too much homework, weather rubbish, instead did the washing, ironing and general cleaning up.

Kids lunch- eaten indoors in front of telly.

Kids playing indoors on computer or doing homework.

Nowhere for them to go.

Quiet elderly nieghbourhood, no youngsters to play with......... soon to bed coz its cold, tellys crap and tomorrows sunday, the day i spend all day in the kitchen making a roast dinner only to be scoffed in 10 mins!..then.. hey ho monday-back to work!! Not bad i know but how was yours??
Mo x
Saturday got up walked to gym
- crawled home

Walked up to local (coffee house) 2 mins walk but took 40 mins - so many damn chatty neighbours with kids same age as my daughter.

Went to playground 1 then walked to playground 2. On return home bought "real" icecream for daughter (and myself) got inside before the big heat of the day. Cranked up the AC and got busy drawing and making arty stuff with daughter.

Up to the community pool for an hour to get the daughter outside then return home via another playground.

Neighbours popped over for bottle of wine before dinner. Wife came back from supermarket with oven roasted chicken and prepared salad - too hot too cook today.

TV not too bad tonight - another Morse night - otherwise just select from numerous quality DVD from the UK. Of course this is continually interrupted from calls from new friends from daughters school and friends making arrangements to visit from the UK.

Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

woke up about 7.30am to Cora (my youngest) shouting "it's morning time". Cleaned up after OH made french toast for him and the kids - i dont particularly like it so i had toast and jam, hoovered and polished downstairs then showered and dressed Cora before doing same to myself. Managed to squeeze in 2 phone calls to my mum somewhere in there. Went to shopping centre to return yankee candle lamp shade i got for my birthday - it cracked, then picked up my friend and her daugter and took girls to kidz club - a big big ball pit play area with blow-up slides etc. girls played for 2 hours and had lunch, we had coffee and chilled for a while, chatting. Home to sort out washing (forgot to mention put that on before leaving the house earlier) and put in tumble dryer. OH made dinner and prepared veg for sunday while I did apile of ironing. 6.05pm dinner ready - just as dancing on ice is about to start (cora and i love to watch this) so we sit infront of the tele and eat (something we rarely do). watch pokerface as i love ant and dec too! cora goes to bed just as chloe comes in from youth club - did i mention i have an older daughter? it's just i dont happen to see much of her these days!!!!! have a chat with her and now sitting here on BE but going to bed in a few to read my book - OH is watching the football highlights.

Have promised cora tomorrow we will take her out to ride her bike - she got it for xmas and so far thinks it's for riding up and down the hall!

did i mention i was at a fortune teller last night and she told me i was involved in something legal and everything would go my way. i take this as applying forthe visa - its all legal, ain't it? she also told me i would start a new life which would be very chilled and relaxed - and oh, the best bit - I'M GOING TO LOOSE 2 STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:35 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm - Saturday. Woken up at 6:30 by the high volume singing of Wiggles hits by my five year old son enjoying his morning poo. Nod off again for 20 minutes, woken by the Kali, the dog, who is barking at the white poodle being taken for its regular morning walk. Nod off again - woken up by wife bearing large mug of coffee. Mmmmm. Open the blinds enough to see that the sun is shining and that judging from the total lack of cloud, it's going to be a warm one. Missus suggests a morning swim in the pool, so we all get our togs on and splash about for half an hour. Go in, shower, get dressed, check websites, drive the missus over to Kiama for her driving lesson. Josh and I nip over to Bombo beach - mushy surf, ideal for five year olds to ride the foamy stuff on his boogie board. Head back to pick missus up. Drive home. Pick up Josh's sleeping bag (Spiderman), otter (cuddly), toothbrush (Jurassic Park) and changes of togs (K-Mart and Billabong). Drop Josh at the home of his friends (twins) Charlie and Oliver (birthday boys) for sleepover in tent in family's paddock. Have cup of coffee with their parents, chat about school, rain, a mutual friend and cricket (in that order). Drive home, pick up overnight bag, head over to my parents. Go for a swim, sip a Boag's in the pool. Cook mexican meal, drink too much, smoke sneaky ciggy (dad's 'hidden' reserve), retire to bed. Snore.

Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hmmm - Saturday. Woken up at 6:30 by the high volume singing of Wiggles hits by my five year old son enjoying his morning poo. Nod off again for 20 minutes, woken by the Kali, the dog, who is barking at the white poodle being taken for its regular morning walk. Nod off again - woken up by wife bearing large mug of coffee. Mmmmm. Open the blinds enough to see that the sun is shining and that judging from the total lack of cloud, it's going to be a warm one. Missus suggests a morning swim in the pool, so we all get our togs on and splash about for half an hour. Go in, shower, get dressed, check websites, drive the missus over to Kiama for her driving lesson. Josh and I nip over to Bombo beach - mushy surf, ideal for five year olds to ride the foamy stuff on his boogie board. Head back to pick missus up. Drive home. Pick up Josh's sleeping bag (Spiderman), otter (cuddly), toothbrush (Jurassic Park) and changes of togs (K-Mart and Billabong). Drop Josh at the home of his friends (twins) Charlie and Oliver (birthday boys) for sleepover in tent in family's paddock. Have cup of coffee with their parents, chat about school, rain, a mutual friend and cricket (in that order). Drive home, pick up overnight bag, head over to my parents. Go for a swim, sip a Boag's in the pool. Cook mexican meal, drink too much, smoke sneaky ciggy (dad's 'hidden' reserve), retire to bed. Snore.

Your Saturday sounds the best so far, or is it just the way you tell em??
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sat in South Aus:

Morning: Got up, fed kids breakfast, checked e-mails etc. Then tidied up, washed floors, washed windows, put kids uniforms in washer.

Afternoon: Rang my Aunt who was busy laying tiles in her new house, so we arranged for her (her hubby and her visitors) to come for tea. Went to shop to get some food for a BBQ (spent $124 ) had a beer to help me get over the shock of spending too much money Had a shower cos it was really hot and I needed to cool down. Started preparing salad, kebabs etc. Washed the floor again (my hubby makes a mess!).

Evening: Everyone arrived at 6pm, we drank, ate, laughed until 10:30 they went home, I cleaned up. Went to bed about midnight, got up 3 times cos it was too hot to sleep.

Sunday:

Got up, sat in the garden for half an hour, got a shower, check e-mails.

This afternoon, we are having another BBQ or two (I went a little over the top with the food, so have loads left )

Will do a bit of ironing and may have a lie down cos I'm a little bit hungover!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:54 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Your Saturday sounds the best so far, or is it just the way you tell em??
It *was* a busier Saturday than usual - but we do try and get out and about and do things, even if it's just (just!) going to 'our' beach and playing in the surf for a couple of hours.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
It *was* a busier Saturday than usual - but we do try and get out and about and do things, even if it's just (just!) going to 'our' beach and playing in the surf for a couple of hours.
Yeah, yeah, "your own beach" ("..." or not) I hate you already!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:18 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Saturday morning, got up, dark, wet and raining. Can't go out anywhere-kids got too much homework, weather rubbish, instead did the washing, ironing and general cleaning up. Kids lunch- eaten indoors in front of telly. Kids playing indoors on computer or doing homework. Nowhere for them to go. Quiet elderly nieghbourhood, no youngsters to play with......... soon to bed coz its cold, tellys crap and tomorrows sunday, the day i spend all day in the kitchen making a roast dinner only to be scoffed in 10 mins!..then.. hey ho monday-back to work!! Not bad i know but how was yours??
Mo x
snap, except it wasnt dark when we got up and the missus did the ironing
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:21 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Mo x
got up had breakie and read the paper. raining again so did some study then logged on to BE while downloading onto my ipod.drove into town and bought some plants and veggies from the market. came back read the rest of the paper and opened a beer with lunch. started to construct a trellis for plants to climb on. finished trellis and planted plants after a few more beers. watered in then watered the rest of the yard even though its was forecast more rain.(another 3000 litres of water).jumped in the pool and gave it a quick clean. came in had a shower and made some pasta with eggplant, toms and basil (from the garden). watched dvds went to bed.it lashed it down during the night.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
HaHa thought we'd just take it slowly getting into the oz life
Gotta try and remember; up early (5.30) woken by screeching cockatoos and laughing kooks - have no shotgun, thought I'd better get up.

Warm, humid, grey and cloudy (rains here too)!
Kids were having sleepover, so got in car and drove one of their mates back home to Eumundi - markets on, tourists everywhere!
Drove on to Kenilworth where we collected another mate!
10.30 am went to Noosa to do some grocery shopping.
Home at 11am, made brunch, weather clearing, kids played cricket outside.
Did washing and ironing for 2 hrs (some things never change)
2pm off to surf club for some soft drinks with the boys, wrote letters to family while they played handball and played at the skatepark.
Home at 3.30pm start cooking dinner
Kids played on computer
Dinner at 6.30pm, dark, watched film then bed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.