Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

thought it might be interesting to compare our days so many miles apart and see who shapes up best! Right my day.....

Saturday morning, got up, dark, wet and raining. Can't go out anywhere-kids got too much homework, weather rubbish, instead did the washing, ironing and general cleaning up. Kids lunch- eaten indoors in front of telly. Kids playing indoors on computer or doing homework. Nowhere for them to go. Quiet elderly nieghbourhood, no youngsters to play with......... soon to bed coz its cold, tellys crap and tomorrows sunday, the day i spend all day in the kitchen making a roast dinner only to be scoffed in 10 mins!..then.. hey ho monday-back to work!! Not bad i know but how was yours??
Mo x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

Originally Posted by mo33
thought it might be interesting to compare our days so many miles apart and see who shapes up best! Right my day.....

Saturday morning, got up, dark, wet and raining. Can't go out anywhere-kids got too much homework, weather rubbish, instead did the washing, ironing and general cleaning up. Kids lunch- eaten indoors in front of telly. Kids playing indoors on computer or doing homework. Nowhere for them to go. Quiet elderly nieghbourhood, no youngsters to play with......... soon to bed coz its cold, tellys crap and tomorrows sunday, the day i spend all day in the kitchen making a roast dinner only to be scoffed in 10 mins!..then.. hey ho monday-back to work!! Not bad i know but how was yours??
Mo x
Good idea. Wonder who will come up best????
Got in from a night shift at 8.15, weather dreary, and cold. Husband went off to work in the rain, daughter went to watch football, came back muddy and cold. Nose now streaming!!!!!!
Son, loafed in bed, eventually dragged himself out before luch.
Got up early afternoon, weather still dire, watched football (good part) saturday night TV rubbish, debating over which DVD to watch.
Will walk on Exmoor tomorrow( good bit) who knows what the weather will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Also back to work on Monday, half term for kids.
Again, not awful, but would like the weather to be abit better and be able to spend more time outside.
Fed up with the X Box and PS2.
Will that get better??? Maybe not??
J and J
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:50 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Just remember, them lucky buggers are still in bed over there, will have to wait for a few hours for a reply!!

stu
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Cool Re: compare your Oz day to my Brit day!!

yeah, an when them lucky buggers get up and look at the sun hope they think of us snuggled up under our quilts freezing. Mind you, it's nice to wake up with the central heating on full blast....headachy, lethargic etc......never mind!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
Just remember, them lucky buggers are still in bed over there, will have to wait for a few hours for a reply!!

stu
Good point.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

Mo x
Got up, made OH cup a coffee, made her breakfast, cleaned her car, went to bed for an hour...zzzzzzzzzzzz Boring!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:23 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got up, burned the bacon butties so made scrambled egg on toast
did some washing and put it on the line - it was sunny in Oldham today
Went for a walk around Alexandra Park - lovely park in mad area so has security guards (yes, where do I live?) anyway called in Matalan and got the youngest some shorts - must have been the shock of some sun!
Ooooh what are you all missing...............
J x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

OK.... got up around ten after cocktails and wine on Friday night as ate out at a very nice restaurant. Drove an hour to see some friends we've not seen for a while, chatted over tea, took dogs for a walk along the beach ('bracing'! But quite mild really and only started to rain as we got back to the house) then had lovely lunch, chatted more and made plans to meet up again in a while (at our leaving do actually!).
On way home stopped off to see another friend, more tea and chatting, invited to leaving do, then continued home. Swung by Sainsburys to pick up one of their chinese takeout bags (half the cost of the actual chinese and nearly as tasty) and now home to discover that housemate has left crap all over the kitchen worksurface and all over the dining table so can't actually eat without tidying up all her mess!
But at least in 2 months we will be in Oz in our own house!

A pretty good day all round really.... let's see what tomorrow brings....
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Mo x
My yesterday...

Got up about 6.30 - woken by the sun rising over the Northern Beaches into our bedroom window... Straight away you know it's going to be a hot one so wacked the air-con on... Got the SMH from where the paperboy had laughingly decided our property began... bloody car ride... grr... The house is a tip but Saturday's the cleanup day so after reading the papers and looking on BE it was time to get on with it all... Finished about 1.30... Showered and took the dogs out for their walk at the off leash park about 10 minutes away... Did the weekly shop... Parked arse in front of telly - it's the Super 14 don't you know...!

Today... Going to drive up the Central Coast to see some friends... Prolly have a barbie... might take the dogs over to the the leash free beach near Avoca, can't remember it's exact name...

Not too different from yours... Better weather...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Mo x
Saturday morning, got up, 2 people doing 6 day week so got them off to work. Light wet and raining, windows fogged up due to humidity (its rained all week). 2 loads of washing on, attempt to dry it by hanging on chairs and stuffing school uniforms in tumble dryer. General cleaning up. Kids hire playstation game while I drive to meat barn, fruit farm, seeking out non supermarket prices. Return home neighbours are attempting to mow wet and sodden grass, sound of mower constantly on and off for 3 hours, elderly neighbour comes over to moan about mowing neighbour. Evening take dogs for walk along wet beach, shower off wet kids, wet dogs and suff them into wet car, nothing on TV, hit DVD shop but shelves are basically empty looks like everyone else had same idea. Sunday, will enjoy making roast dinner as its rainy and quite cool for this time of year. Monday back to school and work and housework and homework and bills and washing and shopping........
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:46 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Look out the oz's are waking up!!!!!
Well iv found that now everyone knows we'r leaving they all want jobs doing before we go. Im an electrician and spent the day putting lights in my mates garden wall! Cant complain it was a great day here in the lakedistrict, cool but not a cloud in the sky, nice view down the valley!

stu
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:49 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Look out the oz's are waking up!!!!!
Well iv found that now everyone knows we'r leaving they all want jobs doing before we go. Im an electrician and spent the day putting lights in my mates garden wall! Cant complain it was a great day here in the lakedistrict, cool but not a cloud in the sky, nice view down the valley!

stu
You're not in for much of a change... Lakes - Cairns...!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

yesterday,(sat) got up, showered, went to shop, an hour away, bought a few bits, milk, bread etc, mouse traps an rat poison!

drove back with aircon nearly on full in car. put the washing in, cleaned bathroom, kitchen etc.

sorted out paperwork for school, to start planning, logged on BE for a couple of hours, answered emails. phoned fellow expat in Galdstone for an hour,

then it rained! and of course my washing was out!

logged off computer, phoned family in uk, put AC on and tele at about 8.30 went to bed at 11pm, still not done any school work.!

today much the same but not driving to shops!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday - went to gym at 08:00 for an hour. Lovely 10 min drive with clear blue sky. Coffee in cafe afterwards. Shop for fresh fruit on way home. OH had girls. Adam off to play cricket. I take girls to indoor & outdoor swimming pool with friends after lunch for whole afternoon (best option in 38oC heat!!). Oldest learns to swim
Sit outside for a drink and girls to play around 18:00 as still hot in house (no aircon). Get girls to bed and then we have Indian takeaway (very good one) and watch 'In Pursuit of Happiness'. We swelter in house - but hey-ho, didn't die!
Sunday - off to two pool BBQs today One with kinder friend and later one with neighbours.
Monday - Adam on morning shift (home at 15:00), oldest at school, youngest in kinder for morning. Me off to gym again (oh, and I suppose I should do some housework at some point - can't do it in this heat!!).
It's a hard life
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:10 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by rodders39
You're not in for much of a change... Lakes - Cairns...!
HaHa thought we'd just take it slowly getting into the oz life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.