Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commuting into Brisbane

Commuting into Brisbane

Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Question Commuting into Brisbane

Hi,
wondering if anyone could tell us the commuting time from roughly cleveland/bayside into the CBD by car. I've looked at the rail maps and timetables and it's gonna take an hour'ish by train from there. We were originally looking to move to GC area but jobs for the missus (quality manager) are massively better paid up in Bris. Not really a prob for me where we are as a fabricator/welder there seems to be work to be had virtually all over....any advice?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:54 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting into Brisbane

My Husband commutes to Brisbane from the Gold Coast....50 minutes average I'd say.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
My Husband commutes to Brisbane from the Gold Coast....50 minutes average I'd say.
Thanks Jan
where on GC are you and what time does your hubby start? i.e. is it during rush hour times?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:58 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevamather
Hi,
wondering if anyone could tell us the commuting time from roughly cleveland/bayside into the CBD by car. I've looked at the rail maps and timetables and it's gonna take an hour'ish by train from there. We were originally looking to move to GC area but jobs for the missus (quality manager) are massively better paid up in Bris. Not really a prob for me where we are as a fabricator/welder there seems to be work to be had virtually all over....any advice?
Travel time will vary depending on what time you have to leave for work
For example leave at

6am...30-35mins

7am...40-45mins

8am....1hr+

If there is a accident anywhere in the city or on the gateway motorway
Well,just sit there like everyone else...

Unless of course she borrows your KTM...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:47 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

If you're moving to Cleveland then just get the train from there, about 40 mins to the CBD..... easy peasy!

That way you can leave the car at the station and relax on your way into work.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:07 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

50mins from the gold coast in hush hour, what is he a helicopter pilot

As someone else, driving time is effected just as much by departure time as location.

Train can be a good option, but it's getting worse and is standing room only a lot of the time.

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:53 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Commuting into Brisbane

LOL! You've seen him drive then?.....Nope Trigger is spot on with timings. He leaves the house at approx 5a.m to get to work for 6a.m. Not perfect, but getting all the pieces of the 'jigsaw' in the right place can be tricky...in a perfect world he would live less than half an hour from work.

We are very close to Pacific Pines (exit 62)

Last edited by Jan4kids; Apr 25th 2008 at 4:55 am. Reason: forgot to put in our location
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

Hi ... I work in CBD and live in Cleveland ... I normally train it in ... but sometimes have to drive ... Trigger's got it spot on re timing ... but watch if you drive - parking in CBD is expensive unless your company picks it up ...

... and Dave re train times into the city ... not 40 mins mate ... with the new timtable it's just over the hour ... used to be "fast" morning trains which took 50 mins .. not now ...

David
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:04 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

If you're driving to the gold coast, drop the missus off at eight mile plains bus station. Its 23 mins from there.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Travel time will vary depending on what time you have to leave for work
For example leave at

6am...30-35mins

7am...40-45mins

8am....1hr+

If there is a accident anywhere in the city or on the gateway motorway
Well,just sit there like everyone else...

Unless of course she borrows your KTM...

Its MY bike, for ME to ride only,she may own my heart and soul..BUT NOT MY BLOODY BIKE.......
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road

Its MY bike, for ME to ride only,she may own my heart and soul..BUT NOT MY BLOODY BIKE.......
Hi All,
Couldn't help but notice you have a ktm, didn't think there were that many in these parts.
I am up in Toowoomba with a 950 supermoto and I haven't seen any other ktm's around here.
would be nice to catch up for a ride or coffee at some point.
Tony
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:10 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Hi,
You don't want to do it, i commuted from Wellington Point (next to Cleveland) to Oxley for four months every day - total nightmare. It would not be much better (probably worse) going into the city.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

A girl I worked with on a temp job last year lived in Broadbeach (top end of Gold Coast) and was driving to Brisbane CBD every day. She said it took her two hours each way. After a couple of months she just could not sustain the energy required and moved to Brisbane.

I suppose it depends where you live on the coast. Cleveland's a bit closer in but TBH that highway is pretty rough in rush hour.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:39 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland - Normal Train 1.03 , Express ( qld version ) 56 mins. Bus is 1hr -> 1.10, but can be as little as 38 mins if you can get on at capalaba

Car can be quick but price of parking is the issue. $20->45 a day
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

I'm trying to decide whether to go to the hairdressing college in Brisbane or in the Gold Coast. I have 2 kids ages 8 and 10 and want to live fairly close to where i will be studying.

I go from one place to another but can't make up my mind. Having never been to either am finding it really difficult.

Where is going to be better? Living and studying on the Gold Coast? or living in a suburb outside of Brisbane and commuting in?

I really need help on this one as i need to book my course asap but don't want to make the wrong decsion on where i go.

Any suggestions?

Becky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.