Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coming to Perth? Nov - Dec 2004?

Coming to Perth? Nov - Dec 2004?

Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:17 am
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about
Default Coming to Perth? Nov - Dec 2004?

Hi ...

I came out here in 88 with my wife from Oxon.

I love the place!

We learned most of our lessons the hard way. We found that our first problem would be where are we going to live! We were on a budget. Young people getting started in life!

Furnished accomodation is pretty expensive. OK .. We check out some rentals ... a few shocks! OMG! Can't live there!

We slept on the floor in an expenive unfurnished apartment .. (well it was clean and secure and that was pretty important to us in an unfamiliar land!).

We slpet on bubble wrap for matress, and blankets. Cooked out of one pan. What an adventure! Magic!

I just wanted a nice clean secure place to rest my head. Looking back ..we spent more than we should have...... a little costly ... but good.

If you are concerned about acommodation ... e-mail me. I think I can fill you in. Maybe avoid some of the pitfalls. Thngs are different here to the UK regards renting.

We arrived with no backup, no family here, no support.

I can tell you about some of the problems we had and how to avoid them. And how to get a get a start in a truly wonderful country that we love dearly!

Maybe we can help you find nice clean accommodation at a good rate for three months or so until you get your bearings.

It won't be the ritz.. will be close to where we live, but it would be clean, secure and reasonable and have the basics ( beds, bedding, cutlery, a kettle, toaster, etc. etc... until your stuff arrives from the UK. E-mail me maybe I can help you with some advice.

Best regards and good luck.

Johnnie

Last edited by johnnie7au; Oct 20th 2004 at 11:24 am.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 11:42 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Perth? Nov - Dec 2004?

Does Johnnie have a house to rent out?
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:24 pm
A happy pom in Oz!

johnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura aboutjohnnie7au has a spectacular aura about

Not at the moment , very soon I hope. (NOV - DEC)

I saw a nice little place today.

But I have many professional friends who do have suitable accomodation available from time to time.

JJ
Old Nov 26th 2004, 11:48 pm
A happy pom in Oz!

I got the little place this week ..

and I got a tennant already! Will be vacant aound May.