Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your input needed on Removers!!

Your input needed on Removers!!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:10 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your input needed on Removers!!

I think many of us would like the forum's collective opinions of the merits of various removal companies.

I propose setting up a poll and asking all those who have made the move to indicate whether the company they used was satisfactory or unsatisfactory overall.

The trouble with doing it the usual way is that most of us only have experience of one company, and a poll will often not mention that one.

So, to try and get a representative cross-section of removers, could all of you who have moved to Oz just send me a PM - just say which you used. I will then be able to set up a poll which might be of help to those of us still to move!

Ill try and get it on the forum by the weekend.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:19 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea as we are just getting all the quotes in at the momet!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your input needed on Removers!!

I'm seriously concidering ding it myself followng on from Sandra and Larrissa's posts but still concerned so great idea

Kala
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't touch ***** ********!!:scared: :scared:
Some people have done OK with them, but someone has had some Redneck Neanderthals round from them to do the packing, and I wouldn't touch 'em with a very very long barge pole.
Rog, also, as you are in Sussex, DO NOT USE the local Hove company ALS World Movers on Knoll Estate - bunch of crooked idiots.......
Old Jul 30th 2004, 6:51 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon folks - I need more input from those of you who've actually used removers, in order to set up a poll that is relevant.

Old Jul 30th 2004, 7:06 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Excess Baggage.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Excess Baggage were good, shipped a couple of last minute boxes with them by air. Dropped off at LHR, turned up on time, no hassle.
If they are as good with larger consignments you'd have no concerns.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

bamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

we used crown removals and they were great from start to finish, highly recommened

cats
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:59 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Don't touch ***** ********!!:scared: :scared:
Some people have done OK with them, but someone has had some Redneck Neanderthals round from them to do the packing, and I wouldn't touch 'em with a very very long barge pole.
Rog, also, as you are in Sussex, DO NOT USE the local Hove company ALS World Movers on Knoll Estate - bunch of crooked idiots.......

Ive just cancelled Anglo Pathetci...they were supposed to be coming round 2 give me a quote....but due to everyones posts I decided not to bother!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:49 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

I used Voovit.com
5 out of 5 boxes damaged. Fork lift driver said mine were some of the better condition Voovit boxes he had seen and showed me the Voovit section of the warehouse. Plies of clothes and smashed up CD's and personal items were all over the floor. Needless to say avoid them unless you are shipping worthless items!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

a friend of mine recently recommended robinsons very highly.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

We used Allied Pickfords, are stuff is in transit as we speak, although we are in the Uk until 7th Sept, they have (so far) been brilliant, on time, in fact early, polite, and efficient, i would highly reccommend them!
rach x
Old Jul 30th 2004, 4:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Loose used Seven Seas to ship his lonely 5 boxes....we'll have to wait and see if they're any good for small consignments!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 7:18 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

My stuff is still in transit but Crown have been very good so far - and I booked at fairly short notice.

Elaine M
Old Jul 31st 2004, 6:51 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by Rog Williams
C'mon folks - I need more input from those of you who've actually used removers, in order to set up a poll that is relevant.

Hi Rog

Got 9 quotes while in uk very large variation in rpice assistance and knowledge not to mention 'guesswork' of the space needed.
Accepted PSS who use Kents this side Both excellent cannot fault them for their knowledge and assistance.
Only problem we had was with the monies getting to the correct office as there was a hiccup on the on line banking. This was sorted out however and no more p[roblems - it may have been 50% our problem as we had moved from our uk base before we finalised the insurance list.

Recommend them any time. Yvonne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.