Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coming to Melbourne...Need some help please

Coming to Melbourne...Need some help please

Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

jxsssi27 has a brilliant futurejxsssi27 has a brilliant futurejxsssi27 has a brilliant futurejxsssi27 has a brilliant futurejxsssi27 has a brilliant futurejxsssi27 has a brilliant future
Default Coming to Melbourne...Need some help please

We just got granted our visas and are so excited to get to Oz. We will be heading straight to Melbourne in August and are looking for a room to rent, very short term, until we find something. It is me and my husband, we are in our early thirties, and we are moving from San Francisco. I'm a nurse and am migrating on a skilled visa. We need a place to stay for a few days until we find something to rent through September. We plan to register in Oz and explore for a few weeks, then we're off to Southeast Asia and then India for holiday. We'll eventually be back in Melbourne or the surrounding area by the year's end when we plan to settle down there. If anyone has something to offer or any direction to suggest, we will greatly appreciate that. We'd love to also just meet up and share the experience so feel free to contact us if you're open to that as well. We hope you all are enjoying Australia so far and we look forward to joining you soon. Take good care.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:42 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Melbourne...Need some help please

Originally Posted by jxsssi27
We just got granted our visas and are so excited to get to Oz. We will be heading straight to Melbourne in August and are looking for a room to rent, very short term, until we find something. It is me and my husband, we are in our early thirties, and we are moving from San Francisco. I'm a nurse and am migrating on a skilled visa. We need a place to stay for a few days until we find something to rent through September. We plan to register in Oz and explore for a few weeks, then we're off to Southeast Asia and then India for holiday. We'll eventually be back in Melbourne or the surrounding area by the year's end when we plan to settle down there. If anyone has something to offer or any direction to suggest, we will greatly appreciate that. We'd love to also just meet up and share the experience so feel free to contact us if you're open to that as well. We hope you all are enjoying Australia so far and we look forward to joining you soon. Take good care.
Hi There,

You could try here http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/melb...als_606_1.html
its the local equivalient of craigslist.org.
Good Luck!

AJW
Old Jul 19th 2006, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

If just for a few days why not stay in a hotel?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
If just for a few days why not stay in a hotel?
Highly recommend the Melbourne Oasis YHA in North Melbourne - on two tram routes into town, walking distance if you're like me and prepared to walk 45 minutes! Very friendly and helpful staff. The double we had was nice, although obviously shared toilets etc... And cheap too Not a bad option for a couple of weeks stay.