Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coming to Brisbane on the 31st

Coming to Brisbane on the 31st

Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice
Default Re: Coming to Brisbane on the 31st

Pythons. Whoppers and apparently locals think it's a good idea to have them as rodent control. (Funny I know, but they really don't bother me unless I think about it).

I have a supermarket brochure with me so will list a few products and their advertised price, specials mainly.

Toilet paper 18 rolls.... $5.99 save $2.49
Bio zet concentrated laundry powder 1.5kg...$4.99 save $3.54
Ice cream 2 litres.... $3.79 save $2.00
Orange juice 2litres...$1.99 save 99c
Bananas....$1.67 kg
Potatoes brushed.... $5.97 4kg bag
Bread soft white or wholemeal....$2.79 each
Supermarket cake (mud cake not bad actually)... $4.49
Miracle butter sub.. $1.29 500g
Cheese... (Tasty and tasty is mild here) $8.49 1kg
Frozen roast potatoes...$2.69 850g
TEA...Lipton 50 pack of bags...$3.29
Biscuits Buttersnap or Scotchfingers....$1.99 packet
Huggies nappies crawlers 30.... $14.98
Sugar...$1.19 2kg
Chum dried dog food... $4.69 3kg
Canned dog food... $1.29
Dine cat food.. 79 cents small can
Sunsilk shampoo...2 for $7.00
Round steak... $5.97kg
Premium beef mince... $6.97kg
Lamb loin chops... Min 1.2 kg...$13.97kg
Chicken thigh fillets..Min 1 kg...$10.97kg
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:47 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You can try out the online grocery shopping, it'll give you a good idea of prices.

http://colapt.colesonline.com.au/fcg...BOHn41&aaa=079
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:53 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
You can try out the online grocery shopping, it'll give you a good idea of prices.

http://colapt.colesonline.com.au/fcg...BOHn41&aaa=079
Does this mean they deliver! Can I do my grocery shopping online I'm a wee bit excited here!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stitch
Does this mean they deliver! Can I do my grocery shopping online I'm a wee bit excited here!

Cheers

Ginny
No, sorry... I don't think they deliver in our area. I wish they did though.

I just had to give it a post code that they do deliver in, like 2000. That way you can have a look around.

For anyone who wants to check if they deliver just go here:
http://www.coles.com.au/

And under Christmas specials in the top middle there's a part to enter your post code. If they don't deliver in your area they'll give you a form to fill out so they can email you when they do. If it does work then you'll be taken to the shopping area.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:54 pm
Bird

Clair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the roughClair and Darren Kleba is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stitch
I buy front loader washing powder that costs $15 for 3Kg out of the local supermarket. Kinda Persil equivilant I think. I'll have a look at my latest supermarket bill and get back to you.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny,

Thanks a lot that would be really useful, i now sitting here comparing prices and will probably do that forever eh

Thanks a lot
Clair