Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Come Rain Or Shine?

Come Rain Or Shine?

Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Come Rain Or Shine?

Living in Oz can't can't come too soon!! Reading the national press yesterday here in the UK, the MET office declared that areas of the Uk had an average temperature of 15.2 degrees during August with rainfall up an average of 80% for this month in many areas. So much for planning barbies here!! How long does the average visa application take? Here's hoping ours is on the quicker end of the scale, before I drown...through tears of frustration or the british weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Come Rain Or Shine?

Originally Posted by parh
Living in Oz can't can't come too soon!! Reading the national press yesterday here in the UK, the MET office declared that areas of the Uk had an average temperature of 15.2 degrees during August with rainfall up an average of 80% for this month in many areas. So much for planning barbies here!! How long does the average visa application take? Here's hoping ours is on the quicker end of the scale, before I drown...through tears of frustration or the british weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean,I'm SO sick of this weather,what happened to the heatwave we were supposed to be getting this month??? was that it in June/July??
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:19 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come Rain Or Shine?

I know its been chucking it down all day here! bloody depressing innit?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by parh
on average about 8 to 9 months good luck
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till you've been here for a while then you'd give anything to experience above average rainfall.....or any rain at all
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:29 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by bushy
I know what you mean,I'm SO sick of this weather,what happened to the heatwave we were supposed to be getting this month???
it's here. 25c yesterday. Hotter today according to the forecasts. 10c above average.

We had 55mm of rain this winter (Jun/Jul/Aug). 1/3rd of the average. My cows need rain for the grass to grow
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

First day of Spring here and it got to 25C at 1.30pm today. Hottest day here since 11 April.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil S
First day of Spring here and it got to 25C at 1.30pm today. Hottest day here since 11 April.
Indeed. It rarely goes over 20 degrees at all in Melbourne from about late April to September. Warmest August for ages.

Had a 'lovely' day here. Little Miss who is almost a year old loves the outside. Got to 25 too. Finished the new pergola after being here for 2 years and we're looking forward to a few months of just right weather before the real heat kicks in.