Coffs Harbour

Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Suem1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coffs Harbour

Anyone live in Coffs Harbour what's it like for work I work in retail.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:28 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Coffs Harbour

I have friends in Coffs Harbour. It's a beautiful place and I envy their lifestyle, but employment opportunities aren't great.

Here's what one of my mates had to say. He's a British ex-pat:
Round here it is mainly trades and services like hospitality. I just got myself a job working at a medical centre in the city centre, which I start in two weeks. Nothing exciting but it will pay the bills.

Once I got my Diploma of Business Admin, it wasn't too tricky to find something - got offered this one about 2-3 months after I finished my course.

It is a bit annoying how they insist on having qualifications for things that are relatively easy to do.

The thing is, in Coffs there are plenty of job seekers - this job I applied for had 180 applicants, and unless you have a piece of paper with a specific qualification, then you're probably not going to be seriously considered, even for something as simple as administration.

Even a job as a cleaner would probably require you to have a certificate in cleaning, just so they can filter through all the applications.
Hope this helps.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coffs Harbour

Originally Posted by Suem1964
Anyone live in Coffs Harbour what's it like for work I work in retail.
Lived in a lovely, very friendly beachside village 35km north of Coffs Harbour for 4 years before we moved to Perth a year ago. Hubby and I drove to Coffs everyday for work on the Pacific Highway, with the ocean on one side and gorgeous banana plantations on steep hillsides on the other. Best drive to work ever.

Stunning coastline with fantastic beaches but crap for jobs, hence the reason we moved to WA. Unfortunately, retail sector is struggling and friends tell us many businesses in Coffs have closed and others are barely surviving.

The city's main employers are the health sector, the university, the tourism sector and Centrelink has a call centre there.

Coffs's isolation doesn't help. It is a 4-hour drive to Brisbane, 4 hours to Newcastle and 6 hours to Sydney. Rains a lot there as well which is why the area is so lush and green. Coffs floods about 5 times a year.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Suem1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sounding good for work anyone else info.what other areas would u live in close with plentybofnretail work???
Old Nov 8th 2012, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's too far away from Murrwillimba (spelling?) which might be better for jobs. Whenever I went to Coffs, I found it a bit dead, although nice beachside area.