coffs harbour

Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:01 am
Just Joined

paddyirishgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default coffs harbour

hi,
anyone out there have any info on coffs harbour.
our family may be relocating there from sydney soon and would especially love some personal experience on schools in the area. that is high schools either private or public for my 14 yr old.
also what suburbs are good for families?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Default Re: coffs harbour

anyone!!!!!!!

where are all the coffs people gone??????
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:30 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I am moving to Coffs Harbour next month but sorry have no kids so can't advise on schools, nor suburbs as we have a start point near the jetty and we're leaving reccies and chats with people we know for later on.

I don't know where all the Coffs people on here are, there were some before (acc to search tool) but seems none now unless here but silent...perhaps all the expats who have moved to Coffs are so settled and have such a great and busy life that they have no time for internet forums - I'd figure that's a good sign

We love Coffs and can't wait to get back there. Good luck with your move!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paddyirishgirl
hi,
anyone out there have any info on coffs harbour.
our family may be relocating there from sydney soon and would especially love some personal experience on schools in the area. that is high schools either private or public for my 14 yr old.
also what suburbs are good for families?
Hi, sorry can't help much with the schools and 'burbs but Coffs is brilliant.
We would love to move there but job situation wise it looks like Brisbane for us. Good luck
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PamE

I don't know where all the Coffs people on here are, there were some before (acc to search tool) but seems none now unless here but silent...perhaps all the expats who have moved to Coffs are so settled and have such a great and busy life that they have no time for internet forums - I'd figure that's a good sign
hey pamE i was begining to think the same myself. i recon its a good sign alright.
we havent 100% decided on the move yet. need to be sure i can get our eldest into a good school first, so fingers crossed and we'll be there in january.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:06 pm

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

hey pamE i was begining to think the same myself. i recon its a good sign alright.
we havent 100% decided on the move yet. need to be sure i can get our eldest into a good school first, so fingers crossed and we'll be there in january.
Ok - well if you do decide Coffs is for you, praps I'll have something more useful to share with you from end November onward Good luck with the school stuff!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:34 am
Just Joined

wow. havin just spent a weekend in coffs (and it was the weekend of the floods) i know we are making the right move. what a friendly bunch of people. roll on the new year
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

wow. havin just spent a weekend in coffs (and it was the weekend of the floods) i know we are making the right move. what a friendly bunch of people. roll on the new year
Hi
I totally agree we holidayed in Coffs last year and we all fell in love with the place and the people, unfortunately (as someone as already said) work for us too was Brisbane and Gold Coast way but we will never say never to a move there one day.

Cal x
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:17 am

Sounds fab - take it decision final then?
It's been 4 years since we were last in Coffs - and now we'll be there in 12 days time... I am sooo excited!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:02 am
Just Joined

hi pamE,

all sorted now. got our house sorted, got schools sorted. need to get our house here leased i.e. a major tidy up needed before i call in the real estate!!!! hope to be in coffs before the new year. cant wait.

good luck with your move. wont be long now. where are you moving from?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:56 am

hi pamE,

all sorted now. got our house sorted, got schools sorted. need to get our house here leased i.e. a major tidy up needed before i call in the real estate!!!! hope to be in coffs before the new year. cant wait.

good luck with your move. wont be long now. where are you moving from?
You sound well excited and up for it, cool
We're moving from Glasgow altho we actually left there back in April, we've been backpacking in Southeast Asia since then. It's been great but have had enough now as its a long time to live out of a rucksack and I miss marmite and cheese and tetley tea, amongst many other things!
Was it the local 'welcome to Coffs newcomers meet' you were at the other week? We were sad to have missed it but had very nice email from someone at the council offering a welcome pack and stuff, and I've been getting the local council email updates of things going on (also job alerts). Sounds to be a lot going on and you're right, people seem so friendly.
Ooo I am v excited, can't bloomin wait
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Claire56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I'm from London and have been living in Coffs for three years. I have a daughter at Coffs Harbour Public School (i.e. state primary) and many friends with kids at high schools. If I can be of help with that or anyone else, shoot me an email!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Claire56 is an unknown quantity at this point

(or post here, of course)
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Been there a few times. I've never liked the place, it's scruffy and pretty rough in my opinion. Port Macquarie is a lot nicer in comparison.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PamE
You sound well excited and up for it, cool
We're moving from Glasgow altho we actually left there back in April, we've been backpacking in Southeast Asia since then. It's been great but have had enough now as its a long time to live out of a rucksack and I miss marmite and cheese and tetley tea, amongst many other things!
Was it the local 'welcome to Coffs newcomers meet' you were at the other week? We were sad to have missed it but had very nice email from someone at the council offering a welcome pack and stuff, and I've been getting the local council email updates of things going on (also job alerts). Sounds to be a lot going on and you're right, people seem so friendly.
Ooo I am v excited, can't bloomin wait
ah thanks for that. didnt know they would have a welcoming party there to meet us when we arrive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.