Cockroaches...

Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cockroaches...

You need a proper professional spray. Stuff you buy over the counter in the supermarket or in Bunnings to do-it-yourself will not be half as powerful as whatever the real professionals use.

Don't know what the chemical components are (don't want to know) but it works. Last treatment we had for cockroaches lasted for about 10 years.

There are zillions of cockroaches around here (eastern beaches). Go walking anywhere in the summer evenings and you see them scuttling across the footpaths. They're a fact of life - you can't get rid of all of them but you can keep them out of your house.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly; I love my Huntsmen, welcome to stay as long as they keep those roaches at bay. Had a plague of roaches in one house, foul creatures - they used to come up the drainhole in the bathroom floor, 20-30 of them, one after the other
That's why I always spray a surface spray down the drains -keeps them out.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

We use a Mortein naturguard automatic spray and have found it to be very effective(did`nt believe the hype but we put it on and we don`t see them). I do use all sorts of barrier sprays around door and window frames outside every few months. We get the odd singular stray usually wriggling on his back I persume in his death throws.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
That's why I always spray a surface spray down the drains -keeps them out.
Trust me, more stuff went down that drain than you'd believe!!! NOTHING could live through that! Aussie husband just said they were a fact of life and to live with them
Old Jan 10th 2012, 12:09 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

hmm fortunately never had roaches at home yet. reason for keeping everything clean and tidy.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

Reading these posts make me not want to move to oz. god knows how I will survive. i thought S.E Asia was bad but this seems a nightmare
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:47 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Yes dont move to Oz cos its full of snakes spiders roaches rats ants and Australians. It's a third world country actually.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:49 am
Daffyd Duck

Seriously though. Never seen a roach in my place ever. I vacuum the place regularly BTW.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commonwealth
LOL. Yes dont move to Oz cos its full of snakes spiders roaches rats ants and Australians. It's a third world country actually.
How can these things survive a Melbourne winter??? I got told it can go below freezing in winter there
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:53 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though. Never seen a roach in my place ever. I vacuum the place regularly BTW.
Yes...I can picture it now!

Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:05 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by timmerman
How can these things survive a Melbourne winter??? I got told it can go below freezing in winter there
My Canadian ex-BF never saw a roach till we had a Caribbean holiday. Seems they only survive warm places. You need to keep very clean premises and put ALL food stuff in air tight places.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:06 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by bcworld
Forgot to shave!
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How big are the roaches? I found one the size of a bloody mouse in the bathroom when we were in Fiji.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

My Canadian ex-BF never saw a roach till we had a Caribbean holiday. Seems they only survive warm places. You need to keep very clean premises and put ALL food stuff in air tight places.
I was worried about the roaches until someone mentined snakes and spiders....
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:31 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timmerman
I was worried about the roaches until someone mentined snakes and spiders....

I live in central Sydney, and will say that it's a frequent battle to avoid all the snakes on the walk to the station in the morning. Most days I will see maybe 10-12 Brown snakes sunning themselves on the way there.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.