Reload this Page >

Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Old Dec 19th 2004, 10:53 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
But, please explain away. In the meantime, I can warm myself with the fact that both my degrees are from universities that rate higher on the world stage than any Oz/HickLand has to offer.
I omitted the now obvious: you stole them.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Countries that flog resources are 'resource-based', not those that consume them : you're confusing (again) supply and demand.

But, please explain away. In the meantime, I can warm myself with the fact that both my degrees are from universities that rate higher on the world stage than any Oz/HickLand has to offer.

Incidentally, who did you buy your degree from?
stanton
please do tell us what universities you have degrees from and also provide the university world rank you have available to be able to make that statement.
I am curious to see how my 2 universities are doing ...
Old Dec 20th 2004, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Don't have much to say on nuclear devices, but thought I'd throw my weight in on the currency thing:

Aus currency has always been seen as traditionally a 'commodity' currency, meaning that it fluctuates along with commodity prices. Put in over simplistic terms Aus produces raw commodities, the more people have to pay for them the more AUD they need, hence a rising in price.
Currently the big picture for this trend has focus on China, who appear to be grwoing at an arguably unsustainable rate of growth, but nonetheless are signing up huge contracts for Aus commodities. This is stimulating the AUD. The US weak dollar policy will impact net exporters, but its far more interesting to look at the AUD against TWI to see how it is faring generally, as most currencies cross rates are calculated with ref to the USD.

With regard to trade deficit - yes Australia has a large defecit, however not necessarily to the point of being uncompetitive. The strong AUD is impacting some exporters.

Aus has however, under liberal govt, run a policy of budgetry surplus, meaning its exposure as an economy to large fluctuations in interest rates is somewhat sheltered as it is not having to issue so much govt debt each year.

Inflation is still running well within RBA parameters of expectation and growth is comparitively stable and sustainable. Global factors my force a recession here, but I would say that would only be in tandem with a global downturn. Not a situation borne out by recent US figures.

I aplogogise for my lack of a degree from any institution whatsoever, but did enjoy the 'my knob is bigger than your knob' comments earlier in the post. what utter tosh from the pair of you.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 2:30 am
Banned

The key $US 120 / tonne hard coking coal contract is between Nippon Steel and BHP. This will set the trend for negotiations until 2005 April. Long term gas contracts with China signed ~ a year ago.

Tradies particularly: keep an eye on opportunities in Mackay (Qld) area - expansion of the Dalyrmple Bay port may increase payrolls /pay rates in the surrounding area.

Coal price up, metals gleam

A better outline:

Asia in $800m coal play

And here:

BHP Billiton Limited and Mitsubishi Development Pty Ltd (BMA)

Annual wages bill: $334 million; employees: 4,400, average $76k / employee.

Last edited by Quinkana; Dec 20th 2004 at 3:01 am.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 2:33 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Sunny spells
stanton
please do tell us what universities you have degrees from and also provide the university world rank you have available to be able to make that statement.
I am curious to see how my 2 universities are doing ...
He has'nt responded to your question.
Perhaps you have exposed him as a fraud.

Last edited by wombat42; Dec 20th 2004 at 2:36 am.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wombat42
He seems to have suddenly disappeared from the forum. Perhaps you have exposed him as a fraud.
I think he's in the UK - if my memory serves me right, he has returned there after having been here in OZ and he's posting as much as he can to convince himself that he's done the right thing....
2 degrees are probably not enough for him to be able to make an informative decision without regrets.
University of life: where does this sit in the ranking I wonder....
Old Dec 20th 2004, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

whether the deals with China were struck a year ago or not is perhaps less relevant than the potential for China to have a large influence over the Aus economy with its appetite for commodities.
The rate hike by the Chinese central bank a couple of months ago stalled their growth rate and from memory hit the AUD downwards somewhat.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 3:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RichS
whether the deals with China were struck a year ago or not is perhaps less relevant than the potential for China to have a large influence over the Aus economy with its appetite for commodities.
The rate hike by the Chinese central bank a couple of months ago stalled their growth rate and from memory hit the AUD downwards somewhat.
0.25%. Coal contracts are with Australia's largest trading partner: Japan.

Commodities have been in a bear trend since 1980, trend probably bottomed 2001. Commodities prices are volatile somewhat like electronic chips. Weak prices have resulted in low rates of investment / exploration in commodity production with resulting in inadequate supply and transport and consequent price increases.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 3:47 am
Badge

Come on then Mike, what university did you go to.

And what was your second degree in?

BM

Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Badge

BM
Stanton ?
Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:07 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Badge

BM
Still no answer.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:16 am
Banned

QUICKLY succeed by getting a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate College Degree in JUST DAYS with no coursework.

Legal Loopholes Exploited

Tired of being passed over for promotions because you don't have a degree?

Discover a little known secret to ENERGIZE your employability and prestige.

Instantdegrees.com has the ultimate solution for anybody who needs to get a degree instantly!

NO attendance requirements or hassle of any kind.

InstantDegrees.com

Testimonials

Last edited by Quinkana; Dec 20th 2004 at 4:23 am.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:19 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quinkana
QUICKLY succeed by getting a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate College Degree in JUST DAYS with no coursework.

Instantdegrees.com has the ultimate solution for anybody who needs to get a degree instantly!

InstantDegrees.com

Testimonials

Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quinkana

InstantDegrees.com

Testimonials
makes me cringe (a genuine Dr)
Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
In WW2, Australia's plan in the event of a Japanese invasion was to allow the Japs to come in through the north & pull back their troops to defend the southern populated areas. By the time the japs got down there, they would have been in a mess, their supply lines would be massively overextended & with the RAN & USN interdicting their sea lanes, it would have been game over. Same applies today.
No, not even close. With the weapony available today, far more destruction could be wrought without most Indonesians having to leave their mosques.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.