Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coal Prices Double, $A to surge

Originally Posted by Sunny spells
I think he's in the UK - if my memory serves me right, he has returned there after having been here in OZ and he's posting as much as he can to convince himself that he's done the right thing....
2 degrees are probably not enough for him to be able to make an informative decision without regrets.
University of life: where does this sit in the ranking I wonder....
To answer your previous question : Imperial College and Oxford. And you?
Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
bollo*ks
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:02 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Couldn't find you in the Imperial College alumni records.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odaat
bollo*ks
Oh, I forgot, you didn't even manage to get into a creche.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Couldn't find you in the Imperial College alumni records.
Hey, genius, do you think my real name is Mike Stanton? Doh! Just like your real name is "Quinkana Septic Tank". Now, what would you like to know about Imperial? Would you like me to describe the main Physics building, the course, the professors, its most recent Nobel prize?
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:14 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Hey, genius, do you think my real name is Mike Stanton? Doh! Just like your real name is "Quinkana Septic Tank". Now, what would you like to know about Imperial? Would you like me to describe the main Physics building, the course, the professors, its most recent Nobel prize?
"Show us yer Diplomas."
Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:04 pm
Badge

Weren't good enough for Oxford as your first degree. Just kidding. Or do you find Oxford too parochial? After all, it's hardly a world class city. I'm sure you could describe most university's; you probably do all the guided tours and suck up to the deans and wardens.

And, before you insult, my grandfather has a chair at Christchurch.

Badge

Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:11 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Badge
Weren't good enough for Oxford as your first degree. Just kidding. Or do you find Oxford too parochial? After all, it's hardly a world class city. I'm sure you could describe most university's; you probably do all the guided tours and suck up to the deans and wardens.

And, before you insult, my grandfather has a chair at Christchurch.

Badge
He can describe the University because he worked there as a toilet cleaner.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 8:20 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by wombat42
He can describe the University because he worked there as a toilet cleaner.
Hey don't knock it. My mother was employed, well not quite as a toilet cleaner, but she enjoyed her brief vacation stint as a "scout" at Walden. Can't even remember the name of the college. My memory fades here. I'm sure Mike will correct me. I think it was one of the women-only colleges. How progressive.

She used to bump in to my grandfather's old cronies. Her partner went to Exeter. Seems all my family have connections, or stories about the place. Used to go there alot in the 80s.

BM

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

University of Padua and University of Wales, Cardiff.
PhD from both.
Where is that ranking of yours?

PS
Fell free to search for sunny spells in their books, you'll find me.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

about 8 inches with a tail wind.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Manchester Uni, good 2nd degree and proud of it.

by the way I did it as a mature student while keeping a day jib, married, kids AND building a property business.

Stanton, you really are a sad little swot - with a walter mitty fantasy mind - Imperial + Oxford hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ....
Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:49 pm
wombat42

by the way I did it as a mature student while keeping a day jib, married, kids AND building a property business.

Stanton, you really are a sad little swot - with a walter mitty fantasy mind - Imperial + Oxford hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ....
He believes any education that is'nt at Eton and Oxford is second rate. He said thats one of the reasons he left OZ because no Australian University could be good enough for his kids.

Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

University of Manchester? 73rd in world ranking. Not bad - and there was me thinking you were just uneducated and inarticulate; whereas you're just inarticulate.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunny spells
University of Padua and University of Wales, Cardiff.
PhD from both.
Where is that ranking of yours?

PS
Fell free to search for sunny spells in their books, you'll find me.
Ain't in the top 100, mate. You'll feel at home in Oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.