Reload this Page >

Co. paying for a permanent visa

Co. paying for a permanent visa

Old Jul 28th 2006, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Co. paying for a permanent visa

Hi

Well after beign back nearly 5 months now the co. are going to pay for us to have a permanent visa.

Does anyone know how long this takes to go through? what processes we have to go through and potentially what coud go wrong or delay it?
Sorry but i have no idea about any of this. I'm a visa virgin.

Any or as much info you coul give would be great.

I'm dreadign leavign everyone but hubby's current employer is about to fold So I dont' have much choice though if those spiders get too big and scarey :scared: we might come home and leave him out there

Jenxx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Co. paying for a permanent visa

Jen - you don't give much info for us to go on but thinking perhaps you mean an ENS or RSMS.

If so - tends to be 6-8 weeks from delivery to DIMA - but of course you need to add on the time it takes you to complete forms, company to get nomination approval etc.

If you go on to australian immigration site - the info is all there, in particular I think you need to download booklet 5.

We've gone through RSMS and waiting for approval at the moment so if I can help any further please pm me.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Bob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really nice

Much better getting the Company to do it. Doing it solo costs agent fees, stress, and inumerable requests for more info etc.

The Co. people will (hopefully) tell you exactly what you need to get info-wise, you give it to them, and then that's it.

You will have to spend time getting your education history, police reviews etc, and x-rays etc if you don't already have them.

But the company reps are usual very experienced etc and know to get things in the order that the visa people like, therefore processing should be relatively quick. Although this can still be 2 months or more!!

Better than 12 though. The contact at the company should be able to give lots and lots of answers to your Q's, and be more accurate. And free, too!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jothefw
Jen - you don't give much info for us to go on but thinking perhaps you mean an ENS or RSMS.

If so - tends to be 6-8 weeks from delivery to DIMA - but of course you need to add on the time it takes you to complete forms, company to get nomination approval etc.

If you go on to australian immigration site - the info is all there, in particular I think you need to download booklet 5.

We've gone through RSMS and waiting for approval at the moment so if I can help any further please pm me.
thats the hting you see I don't understand what any of these mean whats RSMS???? and DIMA???

Jenxx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JenJen
thats the hting you see I don't understand what any of these mean whats RSMS???? and DIMA???

Jenxx
Thanks Bob

I'd like to think the Co. will help out and get it done quick for us but it's taken them at least 3 months to answer as to wether they'll pay for us to have a permanent visa or not lolll

Jenxx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Jenxx
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme = RSMS

Department of Immigration and Migration Affairs = DIMA (I think that's right anyway)

Carry on reading this forum and others and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it - none of us had a clue when we all started this process (some still don't at the end! lol! (my husband namely!) )
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jothefw
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme = RSMS

Department of Immigration and Migration Affairs = DIMA (I think that's right anyway)

Carry on reading this forum and others and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it - none of us had a clue when we all started this process (some still don't at the end! lol! (my husband namely!) )
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,

So it's not as simple as temporary visa or workign visa and permanent one, why do they always have to complicate things eh ?

Sounds like this is the start of all the fun, i love stress lollllNOT

Jenxx
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,

So it's not as simple as temporary visa or workign visa and permanent one, why do they always have to complicate things eh ?

Sounds like this is the start of all the fun, i love stress lollllNOT

Jenxx
For info on visas look here www.immi.gov.au
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Jen,

- Start at DIMA booklet number 5 (see www.immi.gov.au).

- If the employer is located in a regional area I'd be recommending an application under the RSMS. This involves the employer seeking approval from what is called a "Regional Certifying Body", applying to the DIMA for approval of the nomination, and you applying for the grant of a permanent residency visa.

- Otherwise the application for a permanent employer sponsored visa would proceed under the Employer Nomination Scheme. This involves a process similar to the RSMS, although RCB certification isn't necessary.

- Email me your contact details if you want a chat about what's involved.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
- If the employer is located in a regional area I'd be recommending an application under the RSMS. This involves the employer seeking approval from what is called a "Regional Certifying Body", applying to the DIMA for approval of the nomination, and you applying for the grant of a permanent residency visa.

- Otherwise the application for a permanent employer sponsored visa would proceed under the Employer Nomination Scheme. This involves a process similar to the RSMS, although RCB certification isn't necessary.
Alan
ENS is an option anywhere in Australia (including regional areas). Surely it would be better to apply for this as a first-choice, even in the regional areas.

If the ENS requirements are met, it can even be a simpler application than RSMS.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:28 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jeremy.

In reply, it depends on circumstances of course. My view is that usually the requirements to be met by the employee/visa applicant are more easily met under the RSMS:

RSMS: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...employee.htm#a
ENS: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...employee.htm#a

Also, the RCB and DIMA nomination application process under the RSMS is (in my view) less onerous than the DIMA nomination process under the ENS - ie form 1054 (RSMS) compared with form 785 (ENS) ... my dealings with RCBs under the RSMS lead me to believe the certification process involving the stamping of form 785 is relatively straightforward.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Alan
ENS is an option anywhere in Australia (including regional areas). Surely it would be better to apply for this as a first-choice, even in the regional areas.

If the ENS requirements are met, it can even be a simpler application than RSMS.