Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Clean air in Perth Humbug

Clean air in Perth Humbug

Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Wrong again on the gas have you any right information?
Ok Ok I got that wrong Gas supplies It's oil supplies that are decreaseing.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
Birmingham already nicks our Welsh water - long standing gripe in Wales by the locals. When we've had hose pipe bans in Wales during droughts/heatwaves - Birmingham hasn't , they're still allowed to use hose pipes... nice eh?- although it's our Welsh water which is pumped to Birmingham - they rarely have hose pipe bans during droughts - where Welsh people do - it's our water!

What's new, second class citizens - use our resources - but then "they" say -- ohhh Wales etc relies on England and couldn't go it alone , who are they trying to kid - themselves maybe

Cheers
Don't look at me your friend PB's the one suggesting this, I think you've every right ot be upset.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:52 pm
Genyornis

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You are confuseing capacity with power generated. If you ran these hydro stations continuously you are right but, the water supply is not suficient to run them continuously, they are only used for peak power loads.

Thats the problem NZ had recently the low rainfalls meant that that Lake Taupo was low and didn't have the capacity to supply enough water to generate max power. They have plenty of capacity just not the water to supply it.

Take a look at the size of Lake Taupo and it's height above sea level and we've nothing like it anywhere in the UK.
You are correct. Shows the need to read and understand, not skim and assume.

http://www.energy.org.uk/EFHydro.htm

Total UK electricity power capacity 68,937 MW
Total UK hydroelectricity power capacity 4,252 MW = 6.2%

Total UK electricity energy / year 325,383 GWH
Total UK hydroelectricity energy / year 6,539 GWH = 2.0%

Old Jul 20th 2003, 2:55 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Don't look at me your friend PB's the one suggesting this, I think you've every right ot be upset.

I wasn't having a go at you - I was agreeing with you my "little Kiwi/English one" - for once.
PB is way off when he thinks "Rule Britannia" and "Betty" will save us all . I totally disagree with PB when it comes to the Monarchy and the "rule Britannia" thing. I'm a Republican

Cheers
Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s the one thing that would put me off becoming an Australian citizen, having to swear allegiance, or whatever to Queen Elizabeth I. Didn’t have to do it in the UK, why should I have to do it here. Hopefully the republicans will get their way.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:27 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dracupg
That’s the one thing that would put me off becoming an Australian citizen, having to swear allegiance, or whatever to Queen Elizabeth I. Didn’t have to do it in the UK, why should I have to do it here. Hopefully the republicans will get their way.
"God save our Queen, our gracious Queen" - she needs saving, and since when has she been gracious? .

I can imagine though, Pb in his Union jack shorts - socks and sandals - sitting in his garden in a deck chair sunbathing - with a handkerchief on his head, radio by his side, with "god save our Queen" blasting out . - sorry PB -lol a bit like Alf Garnett (spelling)

cheers
Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Warm English beer in one hand, sausages and mash in the other … I can just picture it
Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Ok I got that wrong Gas supplies It's oil supplies that are decreaseing.
So's my time here .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 20th 2003 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 3:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Birmingham already nicks our Welsh water - long standing gripe in Wales by the locals. When we've had hose pipe bans in Wales during droughts/heatwaves - Birmingham hasn't , they're still allowed to use hose pipes... nice eh?- although it's our Welsh water which is pumped to Birmingham - they rarely have hose pipe bans during droughts - where Welsh people do - it's our water!

What's new, second class citizens - use our resources - but then "they" say -- ohhh Wales etc relies on England and couldn't go it alone , who are they trying to kid - themselves maybe

Cheers

Be far we like the Welsh enough to drink their water and pump a bit of dosh into the home land.

Old Jul 20th 2003, 4:05 pm
Banned

"God save our Queen, our gracious Queen" - she needs saving, and since when has she been gracious? .

I can imagine though, Pb in his Union jack shorts - socks and sandals - sitting in his garden in a deck chair sunbathing - with a handkerchief on his head, radio by his side, with "god save our Queen" blasting out . - sorry PB -lol a bit like Alf Garnett (spelling)

cheers
Sounds like heaven to me that bleeder Alf ( Mr Mitchell) spends some of his time in Australian now and again the traitor , did he knock back becoming an Aussie the bloody Tory .

Attached Thumbnails Clean air in Perth Humbug-_warren.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2003, 4:07 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Be far we like the Welsh enough to drink their water and pump a bit of dosh into the home land.

PB - lol, Just remember that when I go back to Wales I can stand next to one of these reservoirs and take a P*ss in it - enjoy the drink - ahh present for you from Wales

Cheers:

Ps 'we" pay the same water rates as Birmingham (or at least we used to when I was there) - and Birmingham can use Hosepipes - no water restrictions in past heatwaves - while "us" (wales) has had water restrictions.

Fair's fair - England gains - where Welsh people lose - Welsh water is owned by Wales.

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 20th 2003 at 4:16 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 4:13 pm
Banned

PB - lol, Just remember that when I go back to Wales I can stand next to one of these reservoirs and take a P*ss in it - enjoy the drink - ahh present for you from Wales

Cheers
You naughty lady its become very in to drink urine hope you charge.

Old Jul 20th 2003, 4:19 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

You naughty lady its become very in to drink urine hope you charge.

naa, I'll stick with Four X - next closest thing to the real thing .

Cheers
Old Jul 20th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

They just let off the odd Atom bomb in Australia did they not and the French still test bombs off these shores.
Coal powered stations are outdated as is most of Australia's infrastructure.
We all breath the crap that the wood burners produce its a problem for all.

It was the British who set off the nukes here, not Australians. Coal power is not outdated because we produce a shit load of coal and we don't have the rivers or geothermal energy places like NZ have for alternatives. No energy supply is outdated. That's a narrow minded view of what integrated energy supplies are about - looking at as many different sources. We are starting a sugar cane to ethanol program in QLD. That's basically burning grass. I suppose you think that's outdated too.

I think you need to stop listening at the greenie fantasies and try to think logically. Do you have any concept of how many windmills it would take to provide energy for Perth? Even in Denmark wind is a small token contribution to shut the green nuts up. In California the Greens are complaining about the visual pollution caused by hundreds of windmills. These people are the last people anyone should be listening to.

Just out of interest, do you smoke?
Old Jul 21st 2003, 1:10 pm
Banned

Originally posted by kaleb777
It was the British who set off the nukes here, not Australians. Coal power is not outdated because we produce a shit load of coal and we don't have the rivers or geothermal energy places like NZ have for alternatives. No energy supply is outdated. That's a narrow minded view of what integrated energy supplies are about - looking at as many different sources. We are starting a sugar cane to ethanol program in QLD. That's basically burning grass. I suppose you think that's outdated too.

I think you need to stop listening at the greenie fantasies and try to think logically. Do you have any concept of how many windmills it would take to provide energy for Perth? Even in Denmark wind is a small token contribution to shut the green nuts up. In California the Greens are complaining about the visual pollution caused by hundreds of windmills. These people are the last people anyone should be listening to.

Just out of interest, do you smoke?
I breath smoke every time I step out of the door at night here so why bother .

'We are starting a sugar cane to ethanol program in QLD. '

Just been paid a shit load of goverment cash to prove this is okay to add to petrol and all I can say is its better turned into Rum and not in my car thankyou.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.