Reload this Page >

City and Guilds Syllabus

City and Guilds Syllabus

Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

stephanikka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default City and Guilds Syllabus

Hi
I have just rung City and Guilds for a copy of the syllabus that my husband would need for his carpentry and joinery in 1980, they are going to charge me £30!!!!!
He did the carpentry and joinery and also advanced craft. If anyone has already purchased this would they consider selling me a copy for a lot less than £30?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:34 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: City and Guilds Syllabus

Originally Posted by stephanikka
Hi
I have just rung City and Guilds for a copy of the syllabus that my husband would need for his carpentry and joinery in 1980, they are going to charge me £30!!!!!
He did the carpentry and joinery and also advanced craft. If anyone has already purchased this would they consider selling me a copy for a lot less than £30?
Thanks
We too were in the same predicament.... what we ended up doing was researching on the net the syllabus for the course & then we did it as a stat dec which TRA accepted & passed my hubby in his trade. I have attached one of them for you to see......

hope this helps

Claire
x
Attached Files
File Type: doc
course stat dec.doc (22.0 KB, 291 views)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:41 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

As an after thought I went & did a search on Yahoo & found this:
http://www.city-and-guilds.co.uk/fol...heme-guide.pdf

The contents page looks like it could be transposed on to a stat dec for the syllabus details........... click on thumbnail below

Claire
xxx
Attached Thumbnails City and Guilds Syllabus-joinery.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephanikka
Hi
Thanks

Stephanikka

Have sent you a pm

Suzy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: City and Guilds Syllabus

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
As an after thought I went & did a search on Yahoo & found this:
http://www.city-and-guilds.co.uk/fol...heme-guide.pdf

The contents page looks like it could be transposed on to a stat dec for the syllabus details........... click on thumbnail below

Claire
xxx

I also phoned C & G re carpentry syllabus. Told it was lotsa money and a long wait. Just seen yr post and you have just made my day.

Thanks you loads

Suzy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:16 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by suzy
I also phoned C & G re carpentry syllabus. Told it was lotsa money and a long wait. Just seen yr post and you have just made my day.

Thanks you loads

Suzy
No worries,

We were horrified at the amount C&G charge for duplicate stuff like this so we did ALL my hubbies course syllabus's like this & it must have worked as he passed!

Claire
x
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

I have formally requested the course syllabuses for the Craft and Advanced Craft Certificates in Carpentry and Joinery today along with my remittance of £60 (and with a note saying please, please send it quick).

Whilst a stat dec listing the contents of the modern C&G course looks very tempting, I can't help thinking that a list of 10 bullet points is too brief to meet the TRA requirements.

If anybody would like to share the cost of the 'old' (late 1980s) carpentry and joinery syllabuses to offset what I have forked out today, I would be more than happy to send you a copy as soon as I receive them.

Mhairi
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mhairi
I have formally requested the course syllabuses for the Craft and Advanced Craft Certificates in Carpentry and Joinery today along with my remittance of £60 (and with a note saying please, please send it quick).

Whilst a stat dec listing the contents of the modern C&G course looks very tempting, I can't help thinking that a list of 10 bullet points is too brief to meet the TRA requirements.

If anybody would like to share the cost of the 'old' (late 1980s) carpentry and joinery syllabuses to offset what I have forked out today, I would be more than happy to send you a copy as soon as I receive them.

Mhairi

We need the new one. You were lucky paying £60. I was quoted £150 - I'm going to check again tomorrow as I'm sure that can't be right.

Suzy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:02 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
No worries,

We were horrified at the amount C&G charge for duplicate stuff like this so we did ALL my hubbies course syllabus's like this & it must have worked as he passed!

Claire
x
I am in the same boat i passed C&G motor vehicle repair levels 1,2 and 3 in 1991 to 1994 and need the module content t write up for my TRA....I phoned the Uni where I studied but no response yet....