Reload this Page >

city & guilds or experience

city & guilds or experience

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default city & guilds or experience

hello all,
does anyone out there know if trade experience is as good as having qualifications,my trade is heating and plumbing,domestic right through to industrial.i started in 1981 but did not actually take any exams.i used to be corgi registered but that has run out,i have various other city & guilds certificates as my present job is on a nuclear site and they like you to be multi skilled.i will be nominating plumbing on the skilled list as my job but am concerned as i do not have that all important piece of paper,i also read on here that if you do not have paper qualifications, 7 to 8 years experience is just as good,can anyone confirm this?.many thanks
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

pagey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: city & guilds or experience

try getting in touch with an agency and fill in the assesment form , might be better using a agency that charge you ( seems like a strange statement) , but they are more likely to tell you the truth about your chances . But you must be honest with them cos if you`re not you are only kidding yourself .
I used `The emmigration group` they are in chester and manchester , pm me and i`ll give you there number , they were very good and thorough .
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:33 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

My qualifications said Mechinal Engineering and Heating Services, but did not say Plumbing. The Aussie immigration will reconise the qualification and experience, but each State has different rules. Queensland did not except my qualifications, as they did not say Plumbing on them, so I had to do a trades test and I have to do a correspondance course in Plumbing and Drainage, but I can see why, as plumbing in Oz is nothing like it is back home. The only thing simualar. cold comes out the left tap, and hot comes out the right!!! If you have any other questions, I will only be too glad to try and help. Good luck, Rob
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:00 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Trades Recognition Australia does recognise experience in the workplace, such that formal qualifications aren't a necessity.

The challenge is in presenting the documentation needed to attain a positive classification from the TRA with a sufficiently early deeming date such that you can meet the recent work experience requirement and can claim points for specific work experience (if required). See here for some further comments about deeming dates:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#09

If you want to discuss how we might help and would like a no obligation fee proposal please feel able to contact us:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm
(ask for John Sylvester at first instance).

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Originally posted by malpjc
hello all,
does anyone out there know if trade experience is as good as having qualifications,my trade is heating and plumbing,domestic right through to industrial.i started in 1981 but did not actually take any exams.i used to be corgi registered but that has run out,i have various other city & guilds certificates as my present job is on a nuclear site and they like you to be multi skilled.i will be nominating plumbing on the skilled list as my job but am concerned as i do not have that all important piece of paper,i also read on here that if you do not have paper qualifications, 7 to 8 years experience is just as good,can anyone confirm this?.many thanks
Old Jun 29th 2004, 7:47 am
AJR
Forum Regular

AJR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We used Glenn Newton at Gomatilda, all my training was on the job with no formal qualifications.

We got our positive TRA back in eight weeks thanks to Glenn and his team.

A lot of people are quick to critisise agents and there services so i would just like to give credit where it is due.
Alan