Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you have children please read

If you have children please read

Old Jun 28th 2004, 5:46 pm
Go Banana's !!

Exclamation If you have children please read

Just to let you all know as it has come up on another thread.

You MUST have your childrens vacination records to register them at school, well in our case we have to, so could apply all over Oz

Cheers
Jill

Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids

Does that apply to all kids of any age!

I haven't got any of the kids vacination cards so i guess i'd hav e to get copies from the doctors!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Go Bananas...do you know if this includes `older` kids that will be going to college?

Sandra
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: If you have children please read

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!

You MUST have your childrens vacination records to register them at school, well in our case we have to, so could apply all over Oz

Cheers
Jill
cheers Jill

ive got the babies red book
you know the health record ?

is that ok ?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:40 pm
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Cheers
Jill

We have been told we need to take vacination records for all of us when we go for medicals so do you think copy's be ok - seeing as they are costing £40.00

JJJ
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

andrecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi there!

I can help with this one!

Ring your GP and get a print out detailing all your kids (including the older ones) vaccinations. Take that to your medical and to the kids schools when you go. It shouldnt cost you anything.

Most places in Australia dont immunise against TB as it doesnt offer 100% protection and doing so can cloud the issue if you suspect someone has it and are trying to diagnose it.

If you want to know what vaccinations they need, there is a section dedicated to this on the Australian Schools Education web site. This site also lists school holidays and has links to individual schools all over Australia so you can email ahead and ask any questions you may have about schools you are interested in. Most schools also have their own web page, which is nice cos your kids get to see their schools before you go. www.decs.sa.gov.au/decs_home.asp is the site for South australia, it has links to the others.

Neither of our school asked for any kind of education record from the UK, though I did take our school reports. They said it was because they had had such difficulty in the past that now they dont worry about it.

Hope this helps!

Cathy
xx
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jjj
We have been told we need to take vacination records for all of us when we go for medicals so do you think copy's be ok - seeing as they are costing £40.00

JJJ
I think you can get a copy of your medical records from your local health authority.
If they try to fob you off quote the data protection act at them.
They will probably have the right to charge a small fee but don't think they can refuse. Doubt it will be as high as £40.
There was a thread about it before and was it Pollyana who pointed this out ?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:22 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Cheers
Jill
We put our 5 year old into school and were not asked for any records, this was in brisbane. where were you asked for the records?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

oh no thats another job to do b4 we leave tom evening!!!!

Thanks for the info tho'
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Jill
Beware. if you have moved house schools or doctors its harder to track these records. As bix sez. most community health dept keep records and dont charge or charge less than your doctor.
we had to hunt high and low for our daughters record. they didnt keep anything of our sons. So anyone with kids, get it sorted today u never know when u will need it. we got told about it 2 days before our meds.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:22 pm
maggy

we are in perth and brought our med records and kids vac records but did not require them for school or medicare.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by thebarkers
cheers Jill

ive got the babies red book
you know the health record ?

is that ok ?
The Red book was all that we needed. It has all the vaccination info in it that they wanted to see. That was for when our daughter started in NSW.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Both my children required vaccination records before starting school, primary and high school. Like most things it depends some assume you have it and other ask for proof - this can mean colleges and places of higher education too. You are also supposed to have vaccination proof if you are an adult going to be working amonst children, it seems to depend on the institution if they enforce it - also to be honest schools that have a high immigrant population from at risk countries possibly enforce it more than some.

Cheers
Old Jun 29th 2004, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

I believe they also link vaccination records to Medicare as well.

We were asked for vaccination records by my daughter's kindegarten that she attended and also by the school that she now attends.

Centrelink also sent me a letter requesting vaccination information. I believe that if the information is not supplied it can affect your Family Benefit (but please don't quote me on that!).

Regards
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jaykay
Centrelink also sent me a letter requesting vaccination information. I believe that if the information is not supplied it can affect your Family Benefit (but please don't quote me on that!).

Regards
Yep, its true, i got a letter saying that unless i let them know re my sons vaccinations that child benefir would be stopped. I registered him at the same time as Leah Still one call was all it took

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.