Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas Jumpers in Sydney

Christmas Jumpers in Sydney

Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice
Smile Christmas Jumpers in Sydney

Anybody know where I can get an amazing Christmas themed 'home-knit' style jumper in Sydney.

Can't think of anything better for the Xmas parties!

Had a bit of a look around but can't find one......

Please help.

Simon
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Jumpers in Sydney

Originally Posted by s1mon321
Anybody know where I can get an amazing Christmas themed 'home-knit' style jumper in Sydney.

Can't think of anything better for the Xmas parties!

Had a bit of a look around but can't find one......

Please help.

Simon
Are you surprised?

Home-knit style jumpers (Christmas themed or not) are not exactly high on most people's wish list at this time of the year...

If you REALLY want one, I'd suggest knitting your own.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Plus, whilst it's really cold and wet and horrid over in our part of town Simon (I'm in the not-so-posh suburb next door!), the thought of wearing a jumper over Xmas is a bit
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TillyG
Plus, whilst it's really cold and wet and horrid over in our part of town Simon (I'm in the not-so-posh suburb next door!), the thought of wearing a jumper over Xmas is a bit
Oh come on, have a sense of humour!!!

Some very new friends of ours have very kindly invited us over to theirs for Xmas day (our first away from good old england!!). What better way to arrive than in an amazing Christmas jumper - hot or not (more likely NOT, the way things are going!)!!

Maybe we should just wear black for all those poor people in Palm Beach who have lost thousands of dollars of value on their beach side homes!?!?

I have a sheltered accomodation bunker just up the road from me, maybe I could persuade them to do the business with the promise of some bath salts and werthers original!!

Over and out!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Some very new friends of ours have very kindly invited us over to theirs for Xmas day (our first away from good old england!!). What better way to arrive than in an amazing Christmas jumper - hot or not (more likely NOT, the way things are going!)!!

Maybe we should just wear black for all those poor people in Palm Beach who have lost thousands of dollars of value on their beach side homes!?!?

I have a sheltered accomodation bunker just up the road from me, maybe I could persuade them to do the business with the promise of some bath salts and werthers original!!

Over and out!

I'd knit you one.....but it will have to be for next year now cos I'm not too fast at it
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Over and out!
?! Confused by your tone, to be honest - what have the people in Palm Beach and their properties got to do with a jumper?!

I was only saying that the thought of wearing a knitted jumper in Sydney over Xmas isn't something that would occur to me, personally, as the past couple of years have been rather toasty around December

PS - maybe look in St Vinnies for a jumper - seriously - they have some really weird stuff in that one in Mosman so you never know
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

?! Confused by your tone, to be honest - what have the people in Palm Beach and their properties got to do with a jumper?!

I was only saying that the thought of wearing a knitted jumper in Sydney over Xmas isn't something that would occur to me, personally, as the past couple of years have been rather toasty around December

PS - maybe look in St Vinnies for a jumper - seriously - they have some really weird stuff in that one in Mosman so you never know
Sorry, ignore my strange sense of humour!

We are hoping to email a load of photos back to the UK on Xmas Day and the idea of Santa hats and dodgy jumpers on Manly Beach seemed to appeal!

The weather over here confuses at the mo, got the parents arriving in a weeks time and soooooo want some sunshine! Hope it ain't like today!!

I'm thinking maybe Paddy's markets might have just the thing??...

Simon
x
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, ignore my strange sense of humour!

We are hoping to email a load of photos back to the UK on Xmas Day and the idea of Santa hats and dodgy jumpers on Manly Beach seemed to appeal!

The weather over here confuses at the mo, got the parents arriving in a weeks time and soooooo want some sunshine! Hope it ain't like today!!

I'm thinking maybe Paddy's markets might have just the thing??...

Simon
x
Well, you know what they say "you haven't been to market til you've been to Paddy's".... you're probably right, no end of naff at Paddy's at Darling Harbour (and if you head there tomorrow, you can hang around in the evening and watch the Xmas lights being switched on there!).

Sorry if I came across as abrupt before - was a bit puzzled and thinking I'd really put my foot in it!

Wish it would stop raining... not a happy bunny! Today is one of the days when you look outside and think "so WHY did I emigrate??"
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Well, you know what they say "you haven't been to market til you've been to Paddy's".... you're probably right, no end of naff at Paddy's at Darling Harbour (and if you head there tomorrow, you can hang around in the evening and watch the Xmas lights being switched on there!).

Sorry if I came across as abrupt before - was a bit puzzled and thinking I'd really put my foot in it!

Wish it would stop raining... not a happy bunny! Today is one of the days when you look outside and think "so WHY did I emigrate??"
No worries, my fault.

I have found the answer to my dreams - hope they can DHL it?....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEXT-UP-A-VINT...ayphotohosting
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

No worries, my fault.

I have found the answer to my dreams - hope they can DHL it?....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEXT-UP-A-VINT...ayphotohosting
That's fantastic! Go on, ask the seller how much to post to Australia
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

That's fantastic! Go on, ask the seller how much to post to Australia
There's even better than that!! Good old UK - good for something after all.

If they can post by Monday then I can get the parents to bring across!!

Can the sniffer dogs detect bad taste??
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Can the sniffer dogs detect bad taste??
Doubtful... not if you look at some of the people they let through

You *must* wear it around Mosman
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Doubtful... not if you look at some of the people they let through

You *must* wear it around Mosman
I shall, and on the way to work - L90!

Wave to me if you see me.......

Simon
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I shall, and on the way to work - L90!

Wave to me if you see me.......

Simon
Will laughing-and-pointing suffice?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Will laughing-and-pointing suffice?
If you wish, your jealousy will show through though!!