Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas - How is it?

Christmas - How is it?

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 4:12 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas - How is it?

Originally Posted by Ceri
Don't let me put you off. I personally feel if I'm living in bubble. I miss real diversity,different tongues and culture of many different peoples from all walks of life. Maybe I would have liked Aus if I've never travelled. I just find Aus so bland, as if no other land exists outside Australia, narrow minds of some. I don't feel as if I belong here. I can't really put it all into words.

I've got plusses for Aus too.. but they don't outweigh the negatives for me.

Plenty of people do like it here, plenty of people don't. Please don't let me put a downer on your already "feeling low". Australia may be what you are looking for, but it's not personally for me, we are all different, and want different things.

cheers
Hi Ceri

Thanks for sharing feelings you havent put me off we have to give it a go or we will always wonder its just the fear of giving every thing up and finding we dont like it but of course that goes for everyone.

I dont know you or your circumstances and if its feasible but Oz is such a big place cant you try moving somewhere else or do you feel the lack of diversity is nationwide? The suburb we stayed in in Perth was fine for families but we have no kids and I couldnt live there in a million years was bored out of my brain there but we travelled and found places where I thought yes this is me i want to be here I particularly fell in love with Albany stayed with some Aussies we had met whilst travelling I now it dosnt have the heat like queensland but we liked it. Then we found the only route we can get into Oz is by STNI so we visited Tas and loved that also.

Kay
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Ceri

Thanks for sharing feelings you havent put me off we have to give it a go or we will always wonder its just the fear of giving every thing up and finding we dont like it but of course that goes for everyone.

I dont know you or your circumstances and if its feasible but Oz is such a big place cant you try moving somewhere else or do you feel the lack of diversity is nationwide? The suburb we stayed in in Perth was fine for families but we have no kids and I couldnt live there in a million years was bored out of my brain there but we travelled and found places where I thought yes this is me i want to be here I particularly fell in love with Albany stayed with some Aussies we had met whilst travelling I now it dosnt have the heat like queensland but we liked it. Then we found the only route we can get into Oz is by STNI so we visited Tas and loved that also.

Kay
You touch on a very valid point. Aus is actually very varied. Some places I loved, others....I couldn't wait to leave. Not having family either, I think I would feel very isolated in some of the city suburbs I visited or passed through. I much preferred some of the smaller towns. Just my preference anyhoo....
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 1:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You touch on a very valid point. Aus is actually very varied. Some places I loved, others....I couldn't wait to leave.
That's all very true. I read a post the other day, by someone who moved from Brisbane to Sydney, and that move fixed up their feelings, as they weren't happy in Brisbane. I moved the other way, from Sydney to Brisbane, as I wasn't happy in Sydney, and that move fixed up my feelings

We are ALL different, but we need to be prepared to go to where we will feel happy, wherever that is.