Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Christmas - How is it?

Christmas - How is it?

Old Oct 1st 2004, 5:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas - How is it?

Another Oz Christmas card shot...
Attached Thumbnails Christmas - How is it?-ozchristmas.jpg  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:15 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

santa's dead! ( that cheers me up..lol)

I have used this picture for my Cd covers when I send home chrissie dvd's to people.lol

Oh sorry , nice Aussie theme - The post office sells very nice christmas, cute , lovely, lovely , sick making koala cards dressed up as santa , and such for the aussie themed Christmas cards .

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Christmas - How is it?-santas-dead.jpg  

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 1st 2004 at 6:23 am.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

How about this one Ceri.....

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:25 am.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How about this one Ceri.....

I compiled a Christmas Cd for my mum and friends a few years ago. for pressies . Afew from Joe what's his face, the funny Italian guy ( the little guy from lethal weapon), and some really sick Christmas songs.. jingle balls, killing elves and such and such... I can't remember half of them off the top of my head.. but I always get it out at Christmas here .

from various obscure artists.. downloaded a load of songs from various artists , and compiled one lovely christmas CD to cheer myself up..lol
I sent one to my mum too for christmas - my mum loved it ( she's in her early 60's by the way..lol) , but apparently my dad kept telling her to turn it down.. and didn't find it amusing at all!!! what will the neighbours think..lol. some of it is really sick.
I always blast it out at Christmas in the workshop here .. that was until someone got upset, about one of the songs. lol

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 1st 2004 at 7:17 am.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:28 am
tony blair

My first Christmas in Australia consisted being surrounded by this for a week. So much for the beach, Sydney and surrounds were covered in a stinking smog and temps of 40 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas - How is it?-fire.jpg  

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:14 am
Badge

Originally Posted by queenie
However we have moved to Sydney now and love it - very cosmopolitan and everyone I meet has travelled or from another country. Not that that is my criteria for liking someone but helps in conversation and also helps in them accepting me too.

Queenie

one of the things I love about this forum is the way everyone has different opinions and viewpoints they must have or people wouldnt say I love Sydney it is so cosmo, or, on the otherhand, I hate Sydney..not everyone can be wrong..its all relative then..

the bubble thing...(this keyboard is a nightmare to use for punctuation i am overseas)...I felt I was in a bubble in the UK because life was too fast, and compartmentalised, now I am in Australia I feel I am actually living so I cant say that..also helps we have a fantastic home on an acre in the country on a hill line 1k from the nearest road, with stunning views so we really feel we have none of that surburban feel that is likely to get anyone down..which I think is one of the reasons why so many people feel there is something missing in Australia.

Pollyana, mate you need to move out of that unit and in to your own place.
Easier said than done, I know.

cheers

BM

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:23 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Pollyana, mate you need to move out of that unit and in to your own place.
Easier said than done, I know.
God, I wish! PR visa still 18 months go = no mortgage without 20% deposit = on our wages theres a flying pig!!!!
MIL has now decreed that spending money is evil cos we should be saving for a house, and has nagged The Bloke so he won't even buy PS games = next years UK trip & future ones are now abandoned for the sake of saving a few $. At that rate we'll have a house by 2020........maybe
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:32 am
ABCDiamond

God, I wish! PR visa still 18 months go = no mortgage without 20% deposit = on our wages theres a flying pig!!!!
MIL has now decreed that spending money is evil cos we should be saving for a house, and has nagged The Bloke so he won't even buy PS games = next years UK trip & future ones are now abandoned for the sake of saving a few $. At that rate we'll have a house by 2020........maybe
Polly
Have you spoken to the Wizard Mortgage brokers ? They can sometimes help in unusual cases. eg: No deposit, 105% loans etc.
Is the PR visa really relevant ?

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Polly
Have you spoken to the Wizard Mortgage brokers ? They can sometimes help in unusual cases. eg: No deposit, 105% loans etc.
Is the PR visa really relevant ?
Don't think we've tried them - might give it a go; everyone else says either hefty deposit or PR - the fact I'm married to an Aussie seems irrelevant!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:50 am
ABCDiamond

the fact I'm married to an Aussie seems irrelevant!
That bit puzzles me, it should count for something.

It's always worth trying other avenues, after all, the impossible can often be done, it just takes a little while longer

It reminds me of the time I arranged finance for a house on Hamilton Island for a guy with no income. (Oh... them were the days )

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:10 am
Home and Happy

It reminds me of the time I arranged finance for a house on Hamilton Island for a guy with no income. (Oh... them were the days )
Now that WOULD be an achievement!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:22 am
ABCDiamond

Now that WOULD be an achievement!!!
Re-phrase that : - Now that WAS an achievement!!!

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:24 am
Home and Happy

Not still in the business are you....... want another challenge??
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:42 am
ABCDiamond

Not still in the business are you....... want another challenge??
I don't have the contacts that I did back then. But if you can't get anywhere via Wizard, let me know the details by PM, and i'll see what I can find out.

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:21 am
Home and Happy

I don't have the contacts that I did back then. But if you can't get anywhere via Wizard, let me know the details by PM, and i'll see what I can find out.
You're a star - I'll let you know how we get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.