Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chrissy Eve Fire

Chrissy Eve Fire

Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chrissy Eve Fire

Just got back from a fairly big job out of area in SE Melbourne.

Martin Luther, saw your brigade tanker there, were you there?

Badge
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chrissy Eve Fire

Just bumping: My Chistmas Eve was eventful. At about teatime, our brigade was paged for our ute (which has a firefighting capability) for a job out of area - in a rec reserve.

Myself and another bloke crewed it down there, a 20minute drive with blues and twos - very strange going through red lights and having vehicles pulling over.

I ended in the middle of it and got soaked by the heli-tac dumping a load of water on us.

I was not there for our guests that evening and a mate had to cook on the BBQ for me, but got back in time for Christmas carols with the rest of the brigade smelling of smoke with blackened face...

Martin Luther, were you there?
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:28 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Chrissy Eve Fire

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Just bumping: My Chistmas Eve was eventful. At about teatime, our brigade was paged for our ute (which has a firefighting capability) for a job out of area - in a rec reserve.

Myself and another bloke crewed it down there, a 20minute drive with blues and twos - very strange going through red lights and having vehicles pulling over.

I ended in the middle of it and got soaked by the heli-tac dumping a load of water on us.

I was not there for our guests that evening and a mate had to cook on the BBQ for me, but got back in time for Christmas carols with the rest of the brigade smelling of smoke with blackened face...

Martin Luther, were you there?
I cannot begin to imagine what having a helicopter bucket full of water being dumped on me would be like - must have thought you were going to drown!

Just want to say that you CFA guys - people like you, Martin Luther, and Hel's husband have my full admiration.

Buzzy