chocolate

Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chocolate

ooooooooh Cherry Ripes are definitely my favourite.

I ate lots and lots when I was back in oz in 2005, remembered them from when I was younger.

I then brought bags and bags of them back with me.

Miss them now, however hopefully won't be too long before I can gorge on them once again

Louise
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

tony61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise
ooooooooh Cherry Ripes are definitely my favourite.

I ate lots and lots when I was back in oz in 2005, remembered them from when I was younger.

I then brought bags and bags of them back with me.

Miss them now, however hopefully won't be too long before I can gorge on them once again

Louise
can you still get Top Deck over there?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony61
Sorry Tony not sure, never been a fan of white chocolate at all

Louise
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

canaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tony61
Is top deck cadburys dark on bottom, followed by milk then white. If so yes you can.
All this about chocolate is making me hungry. Guess what I am eating and its only 8.30 am.
Coles have 200g Nestle bars on offer at the moment. $2 a bar. I had a Rolo bar last night it was so delicious, eating mint Areo now.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I don't like Oz Cadbury's chocolate as much as I like the UK Cadbury's stuff, but maybe when I live there I'll get used to it more. But when we were there for 6 months before (and obviously I had to do some research on a few bars) I found the choc didn't taste as full, or something. Liked the Dove stuff though.

We visited the Cadbury's factory in Tassie while we were over there and I asked the lady why it tasted different to back in Blighty and she said it was exactly the same receipe but it just tasted a bit different because the grass (and cattle feed) in Oz is a bit different which makes their milk taste a bit different, which concentrated into chocolate makes that taste a bit different......! Now maybe she was pulling my leg?! And I never noticed the milk tasting any different.....

My OH loves Cherrie Ripes. He's an Aussie so misses them while we're living in England (although splashes out at the Aussie shop in Covent Garden sometimes). But I think they're gross
I used to have a British boyfriend that did some work at Cadburys in Hobart, its quite true that Tassie choc is slightly different - I think its nicer than mainland Aus! - and yes it is down to the grass affecting the tasta of the milk, plus the water they use is totally pure, on top of the amount of cocoa being different from the UK, to make the melting point different. You leave a UK bar and an Aussie bar out of the fridge and the UK one goes limp first!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:26 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

"UK one goes limp first"

Ah, that's why we've got Aussie OH's!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
"UK one goes limp first"

Ah, that's why we've got Aussie OH's!
Exactly