chocolate

Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

sparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the roughsparkiedoo is a jewel in the rough
Default chocolate

what kind of chocolate do you get in oz ? galaxy , dairymilk ? or something else ? is it any good or is it better in the uk ?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:20 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chocolate

the missus says its not the same ... ;(
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkiedoo
what kind of chocolate do you get in oz ? galaxy , dairymilk ? or something else ? is it any good or is it better in the uk ?
Like so many things in Aus, not better, not worse, just different

Its slightly less sweet - different amount of cocoa to stop it melting so fast. Mostly Cadburys, some familiar, like Mars Bars, some will be new to you.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think it's a lot nicer here. It reminds me of the Cadbury's buttons easter eggs I used to get as a kid.

This is not a good thing for me, as I hated chocolate in the UK and now I can't stop eating it
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

canaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant future

Hi I love chocolate. I go hunting for English chocolate because although I like Oz choc I think English is abit nicer.
You can buy Nestle choc, most of the Areo bars are made in the uk. Lindt choc is lovely here too. Galaxy is called Dove here and is really nice.
You can get all Mars like Mars bar, Malteasers and twix but I think the choc tastes darker. Malteasers taste very different.
You can get most Cadbury's bars here with a few extra like cherry ripe and lots of Fredo frogs with different fillings. Adults and kids alike love them!
Also chocolate is more expensive here. You can't buy multi packs, only funsize and one bar is about $1.60 with a 2oog bar being about $4
OH and Roses chocs are nasty here, full of creams.

Another choc is Darrell Lea but I think only the licorice tastes nice from there.

You should see all the Easter eggs here. I have to walk past them in the supermarket with my eyes closed. I have never seen so much choice and the little bunnies call out to me. " Put me in the basket, You no you want to" so tempting!

Also there is a shop called Sweet sensation and it sells chocolate from England, the states and other imports and you can get most uk bars there including my weekly treat WALKERS CHEESE AND ONION CRISPS. I miss the crips the most. I don't eat crisps here which is probablya good things with eating all the chocolate.

One last thing, well you did ask! There is another shop called the British Lolly shop and they sell lots of UK sweets and chocs.

Happy munching, Feeling homesick now thinking of Malteasers and crisps, oh well, I think I heard a bunny call from the fridge. Yum!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Get just the same stuff as UK and other stuff you can't get in UK. Cherry ripes are wonderful (shame can't get em in UK). Chocolate has a slightly different taste (UK compared to Aus) but whether it was better or worse, possibly slightly nicer taste to UK choc in my opinion!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:48 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

The only chocolate I like eating here is Cherry Ripe and Dove which is like Galaxy,white chocolate Freddo aint bad either.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Also there is a shop called Sweet sensation and it sells chocolate from England, the states and other imports and you can get most uk bars there including my weekly treat WALKERS CHEESE AND ONION CRISPS. I miss the crips the most. I don't eat crisps here which is probablya good things with eating all the chocolate.

Where is this Sweet Sensation? I'm missing Walker's Crisps so much - my parents brought loads over with them on their visit, but even though we rationed ourselves, they've all gone and I'm sad (yes, probably in both senses of the word, I know), but crave any flavours.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I personally think it's a lot nicer here. It reminds me of the Cadbury's buttons easter eggs I used to get as a kid.

This is not a good thing for me, as I hated chocolate in the UK and now I can't stop eating it
I generally prefer the chocolate here too, just a few English bars that I really crave, like Frys Orange Cream - usually the plain, rather than the milk stuff.

Good source for English stuff is www.treatsfromhome.com.au
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I personally think it's a lot nicer here.
Me too, I love Dove (galaxy)
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:51 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Same here!
Keep buying the big bars when they are on offer in IGA, trouble is, I could and do eat the full bar in a day
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Same here!
Keep buying the big bars when they are on offer in IGA, trouble is, I could and do eat the full bar in a day
LOL!

Yes, we buy them when they're on special, delic!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

canaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret

Where is this Sugar Fix I'm missing Walker's Crisps so much - my parents brought loads over with them on their visit, but even though we rationed ourselves, they've all gone and I'm sad (yes, probably in both senses of the word, I know), but crave any flavours.
I live in Sydney. Sorry the shop is called Sugar Fix. There is one at Warringah mall, the city, in fact mostly where there are shopping centres.
At the British lolly shop which is at Darling Harbour they sell them too

Last edited by canaveral; Mar 7th 2007 at 3:04 am. Reason: wrong name for shop
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:00 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Me too,especially the caramel one...mmmm
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I generally prefer the chocolate here too, just a few English bars that I really crave, like Frys Orange Cream - usually the plain, rather than the milk stuff.

Good source for English stuff is www.treatsfromhome.com.au

I like the fry's mint cream, mmmmm

Does that shop there take internet orders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.