Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

children's vaxinations

children's vaxinations

Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default children's vaxinations

Hi,
does anyone know if you can get single vaccines done in Oz....i don't want to start a debate, my son is 3 and a half and will be due his boosters for measles and mumps before he starts school.
Also, if he's not up to date will he be able to start school? and what about kindie?
Thanks guys!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: children's vaxinations

I don't want to start a debate.
But we took the decision not to give our little one any vacinations, will he be allowed to start school without vacinations?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Schools ask to see vaccination records, but I think that if you haven't got any they don't refuse the child entry, they just insist on them being taken out of school if there is an outbreak of anything. My kids' schools haven't seen any records because they were in transit when they started school and we've never had any problems. Don't know about single vaccines as my youngest has just had preschool booster and it was the triple thing that he had in the UK, but I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point

When we arrived the school asked to see vacination records from UK. Youngest who is 4 has just had MMR booster here - don't think they do single vacinations. Nurse said all kids from UK are behind on Hep B vacinations and they will administer them for free as long as the child is under 8 - I think. hope this helps
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi,
does anyone know if you can get single vaccines done in Oz....i don't want to start a debate, my son is 3 and a half and will be due his boosters for measles and mumps before he starts school.
Also, if he's not up to date will he be able to start school? and what about kindie?
Thanks guys!
I agree with yanH it will only be an issue if there is an outbreak of the disease and then if not immunised your child would more than likely be excluded temporarily. Also Centrelink have an immunisation register. If your children end up going to day care and they are not fully immunised then it can affect your ability to claim child care benefit.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

I know my childcare centre in Perth will not allow children unless they are fully vaccinated and you can provide a vaccination record - when we arrived we started the hep B vaccinations - took in my little red book to the doctors and they updated the registry with all the immunisations he had already had - the childcare centre could then see that we had started to get him up to date and accepted him into care.

It was my understanding that unless you could provide a medical reason why they were not vaccinated they would not be able to attend school either without proof of vaccinations.

On the seperate vaccines thing I am also under the impression that they don't do them over here and it is only the all in one - they do however do more regular vaccines against Men C and Hep B which they don't in the UK so I am more than happy!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

where do you go to get them done????? i know a strange question but do you go to gp or is there a clinic that you can take them??
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
where do you go to get them done????? i know a strange question but do you go to gp or is there a clinic that you can take them??
Our local shire offers clinics but I couldn't find much on the Cockburn website

I did find this, so a good place to start.

Yangebup Child Health Centre
Phone: 08 9417 5022, (mob)0404 890 243 Fax: 08 9417 5022

11 Dunraven Dr, Yangebup WA 6164
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that nb

alex is going to playschool there next week so should have thought of it myself really
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
... if there is an outbreak of the disease and then if not immunised your child would more than likely...
Have caused it.

Nice one parent's who don't immunize, it's not about your little darlings it's about the health of the community. :curse:
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

I just went to the local doctors and the nurses there did them for me...couldn't have been easier!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
I just went to the local doctors and the nurses there did them for me...couldn't have been easier!
for future reference they have great clinic that happens every week in Joondalup library.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by renth
Have caused it.

Nice one parent's who don't immunize, it's not about your little darlings it's about the health of the community. :curse:
preaching to the converted mate, my kids have had every needle going.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
preaching to the converted mate, my kids have had every needle going.
Sorry, wasn't aimed at you but to people who don't immunize their kids.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Sorry, wasn't aimed at you but to people who don't immunize their kids.
.....But with MMR there is still the concern re possible links with autism.

My daughter is almost 1 and due MMR. Apparently they do not authorise single vaccinations here- so I was told. All or nothing! However a friend in the next borough was given the address of a doc who does offer single vaccines. She is going to pass the info to me.

When I told the nurses of my reluctance to take triple jab, they were really rather unhelpful & dismissive and turned their backs to me. Think they have no time for people who do not 'go with the flow'.
I would like my daughter to have rubella as that affects pregnant women and can have the most devastating effect....the others were not given pre 1988, so can't see the pressing need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.