Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Children's medicals

Children's medicals

Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:20 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Children's medicals

Do they ask during the children's medicals about vaccination status? Or are they blissfully unconcerned?
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

helen/andy has a spectacular aura abouthelen/andy has a spectacular aura abouthelen/andy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Children's medicals

No one asked us,just listened to chest sounds height weight,felt my sons testicles!! (I had pre warned him) tested urine,and asked general questions re health ect,nothing too indepth.helen oh and visual acurity and hearing.

Last edited by helen/andy; Mar 19th 2006 at 11:34 am. Reason: missed something out
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Hi Bella Donna,

They didn't ask us about it either, my youngest didn't have the DPT for 18 months nor his 4-6 yet (he's only 5 though). I must add though, that on other threads I have read that they will have issue with it in Australia. You may need to sign a waiver saying you refuse the shots for your child on the grounds of....... whatever that may be for you personally, now this may or may not effect your child tax benefit 'baby bonus'. You may want to e-mail the health dept of the state your moving to and find our exactly what the procedures are.

Hope this helps,
Nicanjoe
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

wezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Do they ask during the children's medicals about vaccination status? Or are they blissfully unconcerned?
i took the pink computer slip that had all the vaccination dates, panel Dr sent them with forms. good luck.

wezzies
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:58 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

So you ladies have all had the medicals done in the UK? We're having ours in Perth on Friday, and I've been told that the Australian medicals are slightly different to the UK ones. Our dd had a medical in the UK back in June 2005, and the subject wasn't raised then.

Any effect on benefits isn't an issue for us - although it is illegal for them to withhold benefits on grounds of non-vaccination. I was just wondering whether the doctor would be likely to even mention the subject - and whether I had to go with my armour on!!

I will let you know on Friday night. If anyone has experience of the medicals being done in Oz, I'd appreciate knowing whether you were asked?

Sue

Last edited by Bella Donna; Mar 19th 2006 at 12:00 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Take the kids little red med books..
Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:48 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
We got asked for my son's red book so he could see when the vaccinations were done.